Announcements

Can't reorder tracks in a playlist

Highlighted

Can't reorder tracks in a playlist

Casual Listener

i am trying to rearrange tracks inside a playlist on the desktop app (windows 10) i can't manage to do that. I've been doing that in the web browser app until now, but the browser app has suddenly stop showing new additions to the playlist.  is there a way to do that on the desktop app (I've seen the article that says to left click and drag, but it doesn't work)
thank you.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't reorder tracks in a playlist

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

Hey @darkengel369 

If you're unable to click and drag tracks around in your playlist, take a closer look at the column headers of your playlist - the Title, Album, Artist, date Added and Time. You can sort the playlist by clicking on them, and when the playlist is actively sorted, there should be a green arrow next to one of them. Click on it until it goes away, and then you should be able to rearrange your tracks by dragging them around.

I also had an instance recently when I couldn't drag songs around in my playlist and had no sorting active either. I got it back to work by sorting the playlist for a moment and then turning the sorting off again.

If neither of these work, try reinstalling the client. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

thanks for your reply,
I've tried it all but it didn't work.

Highlighted

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17

@darkengel369 

Please post a screenshot or a screen recording on what's happening on your side. 🙂

Just a note - Liked Songs cannot be rearranged, but they can be sorted.

SebastyRock Star 17
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS