Premium

Country

US

Device

dell g3 laptop

Operating System

windows 10

My Question or Issue

I noticed that I am no longer able to use shift, or ctrl, to select multiple songs from an artist unless they are in one album. ctrl+a also only selects songs on one album. Previously before the most recent ui update (like, 2 wks ago?) if you switched to list mode instead of album mode, you could select songs from diff albums at once, or ctrl+a to select all of the artists discography and I used this feature a lot for adding to playlists. please bring this back

5 Replies

Hi @Blangzo,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us a screen recording of the issue so we can take a closer look? Make sure not to send any private info.

Lastly, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

**bleep** thank you. i thought this feature was just, gone with the new ui update. I had no idea it was just me. Where could I send a screen recording?

Hi there @Blangzo,

Thank you for your reply.

Under the section that you write your reply, you should see Drag and drop here or browse files to attach.

You can also attach a link if you've uploaded it for an example YouTube.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Device Specs:

Dell G3 3579

intel i5-8300H CPU

Windows Specifications:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎4/‎14/‎2021
OS build 19042.1052
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

Spotify ver: 1.1.62.583.gdac868ed-a

Hi, I tried the clean reinstall that Eni suggested and that didn't fix it. Here's a screen recording of the issue I was talking about in my post. In the screen recording, i first show shitft+click working within one album, then not working over 2 albums. Then I show ctrl+click working within 1 album, then not over 2 albums. Lastly, I show ctrl+a working over one album, and only 1 album.

Note: My cursor appears to be below where it actually is in the recording. I'm not sure why the recording did that, but my mouse was clicking on the titles. If you pay attention to the song titles highlighting as my mouse hovers over them, you can see where my mouse was at each moment.

Hey @Blangzo,

Thanks for your report and for the video.

We'll make sure that they are taken into account when moving forward. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests. We can't say if and when exactly this will be changed, but we recommend that you always keep the app up to date with the latest version. That way you'll make use of all features and fixes, as soon as they are made available.

Hope this is useful. The Community is here if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts