Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't send songs to anyone?

Solved!

Can't send songs to anyone?

I am unable to send songs to anyone on Facebook or Spotify. It's not that I'm typing their name in and seeing no results, but that the option to send a song to an individual person has been removed entirely, replaced instead by the option to "Post to Followers" on social media. I just want to send a cool song to a friend, is that still a thing I can do? Or has that option been removed? The icon for my inbox is also gone, so it looks like the feature has been cut for some absurd reason. Can I fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Spotify recently removed the inbox/messaging system, you can see more information about that here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Inbox-and-messages/m-p/1589566

You can still copy song links and send them to friends, as @Nightingale_523 mentioned.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need help 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I've noticed that too. Wanted to send a song to someone and it only allows me to post to ALL of my followers or to a specific social media platform. Kinda lame..

I ran into the same problem. I can't check my messages and I can't send songs any longer. Was this feature removed?

What are you using for Spotify? I have it on my tablet and I can share it to individual people through messenger and email. Idk if it works on laptops and phones, but I clicked on the three little dots, hit share, then send to and I have those options of messenger and email. I have pictures for you to follow if you can. Hope this helped.

Btw, I just recently updated Spotify so this should work for tablets

Screenshot_20170321-220434.jpg

Wait, ignore that. Just realized I'm under the desktop thing for questions...

😕 awkward. 

Well at least I tried I guess, sorry about that

Bring it back!!!!

Okay, I actually tried it on the computer and I was able to share via email by copying the URL to the clipboard, then pasting it into the message.  I just clicked the three dots by the song, hit share... and got a bunch of options of where to share the song.

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Spotify recently removed the inbox/messaging system, you can see more information about that here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Inbox-and-messages/m-p/1589566

You can still copy song links and send them to friends, as @Nightingale_523 mentioned.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need help 🙂

Suggested posts