Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't share to Twitter

Solved!

Can't share to Twitter

I am unable to share any tracks or albums to Twitter. When I click share nothing appears on my twitter. Also when I copy an HTTP link and paste it in twitter all I get is the text of the album/track and no link. Any ideas? 

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you using the main twitter site on twitter.com ?

Inside Spotify, try disconnecting your Twitter from the little cog on the share dialogue and then reconnecting it again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@rmsylte wrote:

The same thing is happening to me. I have disconnected and reconnected Twitter multiple times. It will not function.

Is it not posting to your twitter, or are you getting an error message when you try and connect? 

Try going to https://twitter.com/settings/applications revoking Spotify's access to your account and then connecting in the client again. 

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

If spotify isnt listed in the apps you can revoke then the problem is spotify isnt authorized to access your twitter accnt. So what you need to do here is to connect your twitter account again in spotify. If the "connect twitter(log in box)" isnt appearing in your phone when you click the twitter button then try using the desktop version(youd have to do this in a computer/laptop) when you try and share a track there and it asks to authorize your twitter then youre good from there. Just login your twitter accnt then try sharing a track using your phone. If it did so then everythings fixed.

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you using the main twitter site on twitter.com ?

Inside Spotify, try disconnecting your Twitter from the little cog on the share dialogue and then reconnecting it again. 

Peter

Peter

Have you tried following the instructions here?

Oops! Novice mistake! haha I started a new twitter account a few days ago. I forgot you had to connect them through that little cog. Re-connected to my twitter and it works fine. 

Thanks for your help. 

Awesome stuff! 🙂 

Glad its sorted!

Peter

Peter

The same thing is happening to me. I have disconnected and reconnected Twitter multiple times. It will not function.

Marked as solution

@rmsylte wrote:

Is it not posting to your twitter, or are you getting an error message when you try and connect? 

Try going to https://twitter.com/settings/applications revoking Spotify's access to your account and then connecting in the client again. 

Peter

Peter

Yep. That worked. Thank you!

I am having problems sharing to Twitter from my laptop & no one seems able to sort this out!

I had no such problems until a few days ago. I have my Share settings set to share to Twitter, and the connection to my Twitter account is still there. However, when I try to do this now, the Share settings show my connection to Twitter as 'temporarily unavailable".

This is now happening all the time, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, plus signing in and out of each account and removing then reinstating permission to access Twitter but to no avail. 

This is unbelievably annoying, as the facility was working perfectly until recently!

Incidentally, I have no problems sharing from my iPhone but only from my Mac laptop!

@Peter wrote:

@rmsylte wrote:

Peter

Hi, I'm getting "Error There was an error posting to Twitter. Please try again"...

went to twitter settings you linked to, there is no Spotify listed to revoke... 😕 ?

Same thing happened to me. Tried to revoke spotify's access to my twitter. But when i went to the twitter/settings/apps spotify wasnt listed. I assume my twitter isnt connected to spotify. But spotify wont let me reconnect my twitter. How to fix? Tried cleaning spotifys data and reinstalling too
Marked as solution

If spotify isnt listed in the apps you can revoke then the problem is spotify isnt authorized to access your twitter accnt. So what you need to do here is to connect your twitter account again in spotify. If the "connect twitter(log in box)" isnt appearing in your phone when you click the twitter button then try using the desktop version(youd have to do this in a computer/laptop) when you try and share a track there and it asks to authorize your twitter then youre good from there. Just login your twitter accnt then try sharing a track using your phone. If it did so then everythings fixed.

I have the same problem. When trying to share to twitter Spotify says it cannot connect to my account and in twitter app list there ism't spotify.

But there's no Spotify on apps notifications section on twitter. Meaning, i can't revoke the access.

When i want to share a song on twitter,this appears but i don’t even know where is the share button

D4BE921C-023B-4046-B6C3-541F251CE4ED.png

i cannot share my playlists in twitter it says that "a twitter error has occurred. please check your login credentials..." 

Suggested posts