Free

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I try to log into my account using the PC software, it gives me "A Firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally, you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error code: 30)"

So, I looked at a few of the other topic regarding this issue and made sure:

- Country Region is same on Device and Account

- Restart / Re-install

- Allow it in my Bitdefender firewall/anti-virus protection. 

- Made sure proxy is set to "No Proxy"

The problem still persists and I don't know what to do. It works fine when I use the browser/web Spotify using the same account and devices, as well as it works on my mobile.

The only thing that I couldn't try was someone in a post suggested turning ON firewall in windows defender, but I cannot do that as when I go there it says that my firewall is controlled through Bitdefender total security. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Nijaansh,    

Help’s here!

If you get this error message and none of the steps you tried helped, we recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device to make sure you get a fresh version of Spotify and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. Follow these steps on how you can do that. 

In case you still experience this after the clean reinstall, check out the steps listed in this Spotify Answer as well. Make sure you go through all the steps to cover all possible scenarios that might be causing it.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Re-installing it through the windows store, and not through the Spotify website somehow worked and fixed the issue. 

EDIT: After I installed the app through windows, I could log in but couldn't see any songs in ANY playlist (ones not made by me as well). The only songs that would show up are the ones I added from the local library. To fix that I went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and deleted the "hosts" file. Restarted Spotify, and now we're jamming. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Nijaansh,    

Help’s here!

If you get this error message and none of the steps you tried helped, we recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device to make sure you get a fresh version of Spotify and remove any corrupted files from previous installations. Follow these steps on how you can do that. 

In case you still experience this after the clean reinstall, check out the steps listed in this Spotify Answer as well. Make sure you go through all the steps to cover all possible scenarios that might be causing it.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

Marked as solution

Re-installing it through the windows store, and not through the Spotify website somehow worked and fixed the issue. 

EDIT: After I installed the app through windows, I could log in but couldn't see any songs in ANY playlist (ones not made by me as well). The only songs that would show up are the ones I added from the local library. To fix that I went to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and deleted the "hosts" file. Restarted Spotify, and now we're jamming. 

Suggested posts