Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot change the order of songs?

Solved!

Cannot change the order of songs?

Hey, since the latest updates (Windows) I do not seem able to move the order of songs in a playlist by dragging and dropping them between lines? Why would they remove that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

This organisation feature hasn't been removed. Could you make sure that nothing in the top row of titles ('Track, Artist, Album etc.) has been clicked. If you click on the top of the column, they will then order themselves in alphabetical order, or reverse alphabetical order. If you click on the top of the column until the little arrow has gone (should be twice), you'll be able to reorganise them again.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

There is a work around here for the time being:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/When-will-sort-search-results-by-column-...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

It's not currently possible to sort the search results page @andyg1966 . However, there is a work around:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/When-will-sort-search-results-by-column-...

Peter

28 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey,

This organisation feature hasn't been removed. Could you make sure that nothing in the top row of titles ('Track, Artist, Album etc.) has been clicked. If you click on the top of the column, they will then order themselves in alphabetical order, or reverse alphabetical order. If you click on the top of the column until the little arrow has gone (should be twice), you'll be able to reorganise them again.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam, that was it - dumb me. Makes sense now.

no clue somehow fixed itself

That didnt work I clicked on the arrow over and over and it didnt go away

@Quester11 wrote:

That didnt work I clicked on the arrow over and over and it didnt go away

What playlist are you on? 

Worth noting it doesn't work on your Starred playlist but should on any other playlist. 

Peter

I'm struggling to see how to start a new thread so am posting here.

When searching for a particular artist etc. I used to be able to order the search results eg by song title. In the latest version the column headings are no longer clickable meaning I can't order as I want.

Marked as solution

There is a work around here for the time being:

Peter

I would like to change the order in a way that I define myself, just as I used to do. Not abc on any given column but my order (I could drag the songs in my order). I used to have this, but as I updated this morning (win8), I only can order my playlist in abc on artist, song etc.

Is this feature lost?

Thanks, you have to scroll extreme right to this this little mysterious green triangle.  It work like the organising tool on microsoft outlook.  Fooled me for a minute though. 

that's fantastic - thanks a lot!

thanks - but i can't see the green triangle (see attached screenshot)

Untitled.jpg
Marked as solution

It's not currently possible to sort the search results page @andyg1966 . However, there is a work around:

Peter

I do not understand how to edit my playlist and move my songs around- I saw that you said to click on the colum but I do not see any arrow - I have clicked everwhere and don't see how to change it 😞 this is frustrating - can anyone help- thanks

Hi did you sort this?

@lizsr - Which app are you using?

@smokeywisk - Which issue are you having?

Peter

I'm not having the issue anymore thanks

Did you page scroll to the right to view the far right of the screen to see all the column headers: track; artist; time; album; added & user? 

Thanks for responding- I finally figured it out - I am not sure what the deal was-I had to re- download and when it opened this time I had the rest of the information I could not see before  🙂

Nothing is helping - especially the "wonderful" Spotify people who care so much*vomit*

The only real suggestions I've gotten are from you all. Sadly, none of them have fixed the problem (suddenly can no change the order of songs in the playlists I have made. When I try to do, I can sometimes squeak through one push up or down, but 99,9% of the time , I'll attempt to move up or down; then Spotify shuts down and I'm there looking at my home screen.

I was really excited when I read above about the sort green arrow and thought - I know I can find that darn thing. Well, I can't. I move Spotify interface to the right- no arrow. Tried to the left too, just for fun.IT's 4:20 am here and
I'm still awake because this is really awful. not world hunger awful, but privileged middle class kid awful.

Help!

Suggested posts