Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot play songs from album

Solved!

Cannot play songs from album

I can play playlists and individual songs fine. When I try to play an album or any songs within it the thumbnail does not show in the bottom left corner and the track remains at 0:00. If I play the album/song on my phone it immediately starts on the desktop.

It was working fine a few hours ago and since then spotify seems to have automatically updated (it is showing that it was installed today in control panel) causing this problem.

I have restarted my PC, logged out and in and even uninstalled and reinstalled it but it hasn't fixed anything.

I am refraining from updating drivers as they have been very dodgy on Windows 10 and the most recent ones have actually made playback and recording quality much worse for me.

Is this a bug with the new version and/or is there a known fix?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, yesterday I experienced the problem (see above reply), and while I rebooted laptop and restarted spotify etc, it changed nothing. This morning however, tracks are playing fine from within the specific album / EP. I'm sorry I'm unable to explain how this came about, except to say that I put myself in sleep mode for 8 hours.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the same problem 😕

Thanks for pointing out that it works in a playlist, that way I can at least listen to specific songs by putting them in a playlist (it's really annoying though ...)

Same issue here. Updated to new release today. Tracks play fine from the 'artist front page', but go to an EP or album and nothing plays (until update all was fine). Tried for numererous artists / rebooted etc etc, and error still the same. os is W7.

I'm having the same issues, after the latest update.

If I go to the artist and click on a song in a album than it will play, and the other songs. But If I open the album, than it will not play.
I tried many other albums from other artist, but all of them aren't working anymore.

Spotify version: 1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf

Same problem. Can't play a song when select an album or an artist. 

Right now it can only play song from the already created playlist.

OS is Windows 10 

Marked as solution

Ok, yesterday I experienced the problem (see above reply), and while I rebooted laptop and restarted spotify etc, it changed nothing. This morning however, tracks are playing fine from within the specific album / EP. I'm sorry I'm unable to explain how this came about, except to say that I put myself in sleep mode for 8 hours.

The same here..

Maybe not the solution.. but if you experience this too, maybe get some sleep 😛 I have changed anything, but I can select/play songs from albums again.

Greetings.

Suggested posts