Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot use Radio, Artist Radio or Friend feed

Cannot use Radio, Artist Radio or Friend feed

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

I am having issues with Radio and Friend Activity. When I open Friend Activity I get the error ( Hmm, the Friend Feed failed to load.)  When I try and just open Radio I get the error (Error Failed to load.) When I try artist radio I get (This radio station cannot be started. Please try with something else)

I've trying reinstalling Spotify, restarting the computer. I've seen the threads about changing and/or deleting the abba.json file in my user folder which did nothing but prevent the New albums and singles loading in the Browse/New Releases category. I've also seen the "fix" to change things in your host file. Unfortunately I don't have access to this on my work PC since it requires admin rights. Personally I don't care about the friend feed but the Radio is another story.  What's going on?!?!

4 Replies

Hey @StormRaging

It sounds like there might be some restrictions in place in your work network.

Hosts file may be the culprit when it has some Spotify-related addresses whose traffic it redirects (to void). It could also be a firewall of yout IT department, or your antivirus causing that issue.

You can try checking if the web player works for you.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Sebasty wrote:

Hey @StormRaging

It sounds like there might be some restrictions in place in your work network.

Hosts file may be the culprit when it has some Spotify-related addresses whose traffic it redirects (to void). It could also be a firewall of yout IT department, or your antivirus causing that issue.

You can try checking if the web player works for you.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I can use the spotify program just fine, it's not blocked. I can pick and choose songs and such. It's ONLY the Friend Feed and Radio feature that doesn't work.

I have the same problem. It has been for a long time. I just reset my host file and reinstalled Spotify. I think it is outrageous that I PAY for this product and it doesn't work as intended. 

@Sencored wrote:

I have the same problem. It has been for a long time. I just reset my host file and reinstalled Spotify. I think it is outrageous that I PAY for this product and it doesn't work as intended. 

I wish I could clear my host file as there is a spotify entry in there but i'm locked out of this on my work computer.  The issue I'm seeing is why does Spotify even feel the need to write to the hosts file and if i don't  have admin rights, how was it even able to do so.

Suggested posts