Announcements

Casting a non repeating playlist to a google home mini

Casting a non repeating playlist to a google home mini

jesilynkelts

I'm using a windows 10 pc and the spotify free app. On my computer I can play a playlist and turn repeat off so it shuffles but won't play the same thing twice. My computer speakers aren't great so I'd like to play through my google home mini. But I can't find a way to do that?

Streaming from my galaxy s20 plus is easy - but the android app for spotify doesn't have the button to turn off repeats in playback like on pc, so I literally hear the same song 3 times in an hour in a playlist that has 100s of songs.

From my point of view, it seems that I can either not hear repeated song OR cast to my mini. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and how to cast from my pc.

1 Reply

Mihail

Hey @jesilynkelts,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out. 

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread. You should be able to cast from both devices - could you make sure that your pc is on the same network as the Google Home Mini? You can find a guide on how to do this for your smart speaker in this guide by Google.

If the issue persists, you can perform a clean reinstall of both the Google Home and Spotify apps. This way if corrupted app files are causing this behavior, they get removed. You can find steps on how to do this for Spotify here. Afterwards it's a good idea to also relink your Spotify account and Google Home app. This Support page explains how to make this happen. 

Keep in mind also that the repeat function enables continues playback of songs in a row. It shouldn't have any effect on how often a song comes up when playing a playlist in shuffle mode.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts

Env: prod