Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Christmas as selectable Genre (not Radio)

Christmas as selectable Genre (not Radio)

First post, so pardon me if it's in the wrong place...

I just got a strange craving to listen to some Christmas music (sorry!), but I noticed that Christmas isn't available as a selectable genre in Genres and Moods, and is only available in Radio.  I swear I used to see a Holidays genre with Christmas as a sub-genre.  Am I understanding this wrong?

6 Replies

perhaps it's only available a certain time before Christmas?

If you search for "christmas" and then click on the playlist section of the search result, you will find several playlists, e.g. this one: Christmas created by Spotify with 85 tracks.

You're not crazy - there definiltey used to be a Holiday genre.  I liked it for many holidays, not just Christmas.  There was a terrific Halloween playlist and now I can't find it.  I liked having all the Holiday playlists in one place.  Spotify, bring it back!

Even in "radio" mode, the christmas song selection is poor and you may start out with one Christmas song from an album but then you get a lot of non-Christmas music thrown in? Pandora seems to have a better handle on this offering numerous Christmas playlists.

@CarloCastillo wrote:

First post, so pardon me if it's in the wrong place...

I just got a strange craving to listen to some Christmas music (sorry!), but I noticed that Christmas isn't available as a selectable genre in Genres and Moods, and is only available in Radio.  I swear I used to see a Holidays genre with Christmas as a sub-genre.  Am I understanding this wrong?

I have a Christmas playlist here - Follow if you like it...

https://open.spotify.com/user/bazzaroo88/playlist/5T5WEcyPUzcmeq6u0yDVMC

This is because Spotify decide to be idiotic and political all the while comprehensively incompenent. It has a "happy holidays" generes. What holiday? Christmas. No kwanza or any other obsure and widely uncelebrated "holiday" present.

Suggested posts