Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clicking and pasting a song in playlists doesn't work anymore...

Solved!

Clicking and pasting a song in playlists doesn't work anymore...

When I copy a song, open a playlist, and click a song in the playlist to paste the song below it, the song is automatically pasted at the bottom of the playlist. I want the song to go to where I selected but it doesn't anymore. I used to be able to do this before the new update.

I really don't know how to explain this so here are images

Before I was able to paste the song exactly where I wanted it by clicking a song and pasting below it:

Before.jpg

But now when I try it, the song is relocated to the bottom of the playlist and I am forced to drag it up to the place I want it to be at:

Now.jpg

Please fix this, it's a very important feature I use to make sure that my playlists are in the order I want. And yes I already tried reinstalling.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @LemonAid,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

This is expected behavior. The best way for your feedback to reach Spotify regarding the new desktop app is to provide it in here.

Note: You can still drag the songs you've pasted in the playlist to the specific place you'd like to have them.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @LemonAid,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

This is expected behavior. The best way for your feedback to reach Spotify regarding the new desktop app is to provide it in here.

Note: You can still drag the songs you've pasted in the playlist to the specific place you'd like to have them.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That's a bummer, but thanks for letting me know. I'll definitely send my feedback soon.

Edit: This feature is back! There are still many things that need to be fixed but I'm happy that at least this is back.

Suggested posts