Premium

Country

Poland

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Home

My Question or Issue

Hello. I found a strange issue of Windows app. While I try to search through the playlists - after typing keyword I got blank playlist cover arts and I simply cannot click them - nothing is happening and if I click play in the blank space of cover art, currently played music is stopped. Could you help me with the issue? I am releasing my new single this Friday and I am in the middle of looking for a playlist curators. 
playlistissue.png

Thank you in advance,

Have a great day

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @mbwbox

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to hear that things are now working correctly for you. 

If anything else comes up, the Community is always here.

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Noticed this too! Something has corrupted in latest updates. Tested with different words, example: edm   . Then something what I most likely search as if it is again some too low limit and Spotify crashing when there are more results than program can handle. Hmm.. maybe. Then I tested some inappropriate words to mention here if there was fewer results: Yes and No. Images and names showed up, but I could replicate those nameless notesigns in every case and scrolling with mouse really fast the whole search crashed: no notes, no scroll bar. Disappeared objects came back with pressing < and >  (like search again).

Desktop

WIN10

Spotify 1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a

Hi there @shanedeether and @Blueberry,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We tested it on our end but couldn't replicate - all playlists loaded normally. Could you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in?

If the issue persists, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi CarlosE

I performed a clean reinstall according to the guidelines, but it did not helped at all.

Playlists still won't show up.

Cheers,

Shane

Same problem for me on the W10 app. Some playlist searches give me nothing but endless blank thumbnails, some work fine. Attached are 2 random searches I just did to demonstrate

Edit: Just tried using the web player via Chrome, same issue there.

ss1.jpg

Looks like even the Android version has its own search problems. I searched for playlists and a couple of pages of them loaded fine, but then I couldn't scroll down any further. Even though it was a search I'd done before and I know for a fact there should've been more results.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies.

Could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, to see if this behavior persists?

Additionally, try using a different Internet connection, like another WiFi network or a mobile hotspot if possible to see if the issue is still there. This would help us narrow down what might be causing that behavior.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you for staying in touch. I don't have access to any friends' accounts, so I made a new one to test. Same problem upon my first search with the new account.

I'm stuck at home for now so I don't have any other connections to try, but I can say that my wifi is very good and it has never had problems with running Spotify in the past.

h7jd.PNG

Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Can you let us know if playlist search pages load for you after some time.

We tried reproducing this and by searching for "edm" and "metalcore" and the playlist pages showed blank squares at first, but after about 10 second they loaded.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Ok, I just played around with it some more. Just waiting didn't seem to do anything, so I tried scrolling down the list of thumbnails and eventually they began to load. This has mixed results: with the "metalcore" search I was able to eventually load all the results by scrolling down and up, but with "edm" only some would load no matter what I did. So it's pretty weird, like I have to remind the app to finish loading by scrolling through it.

s3.PNG

Hi @mbwbox,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We looked up for "EDM" and had the same result, the covers loaded after some seconds.

Were you able to test with a different internet/mobile connection? This will help us keep narrowing down this issue.

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator

Hi,

I would like to add: for me different internet connection does not make any difference - nothing is loaded, just playlist icon, which is not clickable. However, my android device seems to not have similar issues, playlists loaded correctly. Windows 10 app has this problem.

Have a great day

Hi @shanedeether,

Thank you for sharing your report on this thread. 

Since this is happening only on your desktop app, please run a clean reinstall. Then make sure to download it again directly from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator

Hi,

I did it already and mentioned that at the beginning of this thread. It is definitely software issue, since not only me has the same problem. I can collect some logs etc. if your app has feature like that.

Cheers

Hi @shanedeether,

Thanks for the post.

There is no built in feature to collect logs.

If the search results are not loading in time we'd recommend trying to connect to a different network as this might be a network related issues.

Another thing you can try is doing those searches in the Web player and check whether you get grayed out albums again.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

This seems to be fixed for me now.

Marked as solution

Hi @mbwbox

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to hear that things are now working correctly for you. 

If anything else comes up, the Community is always here.

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

NovyModerator

Hi,

Surprisingly, it works for me too. Thank you! 

Cheers,

Shane

Hi @shanedeether

Great news! Thanks for letting us know that everything's working fine.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

NovyModerator

Suggested posts