Crash on search

Plan

Premium

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify crashes when I try to enter anything into the search bar (whether its one letter from the keyboard, or pasted in). I have already tried deleting cache, running as admin, restarting my PC, other devices (tried on my laptop which also had this issue but I stopped using it, reinstalled on that and still crashes), and clean reinstalling so many times already. I'm pretty annoyed that any search for this issue is met with "just clean reinstall and restart" or words to that effect when it doesn't work for me. Any other steps or things I can try apart from the things I've listed?

2 Replies

Hey there @alau71,

Thank you for your post and for letting us know about this. We're happy to help you with information.

We actually have an ongoing issue about this. You can follow the steps in there to try and solve this and if the issue persists you can leave a +Vote and subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have been struggling with the same issue for quite some time already. I listen to a lot of music on my PC and it's so annoying that at some point when I want to type a name of an artist, an album, or a song, then Spotify crashes. Sometimes it happens instantly, sometimes it happens after several letters, but it's completely random. I already tried clearing cache, doing clean installations of both standalone and Microsoft Store versions. I totally agree with the original posters that "clear your cache and do a clean installation" approach won't help here, so please FIX IT FINALLY!

Suggested posts