Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashing and reinstall problems with windows 10

Crashing and reinstall problems with windows 10

I tried opening Spotify tonight, and the window popped up for a second then closed.  I looked around and it suggested I reinstall, so I tried using the remove program in control panel and it wouldn't do anything.

So I look for the actual Spotify folder, but there is no Spotify folder in my C folder or D folder.  There was a Spotify folder in my "roaming" folder, so i deleted that.  I DL'd spotify installer and ran it, and as soon as it finishes the spotify window opens, then immediatly closes again.

5 Replies

Try restarting your computer,  also as that's happening log out everywhere you can click on this link to get directly to your control panel scroll down to the bottom and click log out everywhere.

If that dosen't work please tell me. 

Sounds like a network problem. How does your browser work. One(Browsers) has nothing to do with the other(Spotify). I just bought a new laptop which works great. My old system (Windows Vista) worked after I logged in my Guest account and unlogging and logging into my Admin. account.
But: Logging into my Guest account with Spotify installed there would have worked as well. That should work. mark "Solved" "Like" so maybe others will look, if this applies. The Vista system would not log in to Spotify and still browse using a Browser

Hey @afnola

Spotify lives in the %AppData% system folder, and both Local and Roaming have a Spotify directory inside.

My best suggestion is going to %AppData%, deleting the Spotify folders from both Local and Roaming and then restarting your computer.

Then you can try installing Spotify again. 🙂

Restarting the computer is equal to wiping out temporary files and killing any (invisible) threads, including Spotify ones. Simply, a refresh.

Let me know how it goes.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry it took me a few days to respond, I will try this tonight and elt you know.

After I reinstalled Spotify before it was working fine, but then after a day or so it would bring up the Spotify window, and it would just be black.  Now it is back to immediatly closing

It's entirely possible this was caused by a bad piece of hardware in my computer.  I was having some other issues so I put a different hard drive in and so far I ahven't had the problem yet with this drive

Suggested posts