Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Progress Bar not responding

On my free desktop spotify (fully updated), the progress bar keeps sync with the song but I can't use it to move anywhere in the song. I've tried like unenabling hardware acceleration and crossfade (as other topics suggested) and I've uninstalled it ...

• Regular
  • On my free desktop spotify (fully updated), the progress bar keeps sync with the song but I can't use it to move anywhere in the song. I've tried like unenabling hardware acceleration and crossfade (...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Artist "About" tab is suddenly missing.

I just noticed this morning that the "About" tab on artists is missing. Thought it might be that I was looking at a lesser known artist, but it's not showing for anybody, even the beloved Justin Bieber. Anybody else experiencing this? Is this another...

• Regular
  • I just noticed this morning that the "About" tab on artists is missing. Thought it might be that I was looking at a lesser known artist, but it's not showing for anybody, even the beloved Justin Bieb...
  • JordanOakley
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes

Please help me SPOTIFY deleted all my songs

All of a sudden all my songs are missing, they're not there anymore, the playlists are there but there is a " + " sign next to ALL of the songs, so I have to add them all over again, I only had one playlist with 130 songs which is the one I use for t...

• Casual Listener
  • All of a sudden all my songs are missing, they're not there anymore, the playlists are there but there is a " + " sign next to ALL of the songs, so I have to add them all over again, I only had one p...
  • Patrycja95
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 4 likes

Nenhum dos seus amigos está conectado ao spotify/Solução

Durante algum tempo gasto tentando achar como adicionar os meus amigos no spotify dando a mensagem que nenhum deles estava conectado, sendo que muitos deles possuem e utilizam o aplicativo eu achei uma solução. 1 - Se o aplicativo estiver aberto, faç...

• Durante algum tempo gasto tentando achar como adicionar os meus amigos no spotify dando a mensagem que nenhum deles estava conectado, sendo que muitos deles possuem e utilizam o aplicativo eu achei u...
  • Guilherme20
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Still not received an inbox playlist. have replied to this thread and contacted support over a week ago. Please could someone confirm I will be receiving one or if there is anything else I need to do to get it? Thanks

• Music Fan
  • Still not received an inbox playlist. have replied to this thread and contacted support over a week ago.    Please could someone confirm I will be receiving one or if there is anything el...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

greyed out local files

I added local files to my songs section of "your music". At some point I deleted the files from my computer intentionally. Now those songs are greyed out in the songs section. I also want to remove them from the songs list. Which is not possible. Now...

• Casual Listener
  • I added local files to my songs section of "your music". At some point I deleted the files from my computer intentionally. Now those songs are greyed out in the songs section. I also want to remove t...
  • Felicias9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can't download on windows 7

so im trying to download spotify on my windows 7 tablet. nothing works. does anyone have a link or idea to get it to work?

• so im trying to download spotify on my windows 7 tablet. nothing works. does anyone have a link or idea to get it to work?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get musics to spotify from a text list?

I have a giant list of songs in my computer. How to put all these songs in spotify but without importing from my computer. I would like to download them inside the spotify, to have all with great quality and with all the correct names (artist, album,...

• I have a giant list of songs in my computer. How to put all these songs in spotify but without importing from my computer. I would like to download them inside the spotify, to have all with great qua...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Algorithm question

When I heart a song on daily mix, it adds the song to my library. I don't want to add songs to my library as I use it solely for albums I like, not individual songs, which I put into playlists instead. So after I click the heart button on daily mix, ...

• When I heart a song on daily mix, it adds the song to my library. I don't want to add songs to my library as I use it solely for albums I like, not individual songs, which I put into playlists instea...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Collaborative playlist impossible

Hi all, I created a playlist for my aunt's birthday. I wish to share it with my cousins so we can all modify it and add songs, but I'm unable to do so. - I created the playlist- Clicked on "Collaborative playlist" on the three dots- But when I want t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,    I created a playlist for my aunt's birthday. I wish to share it with my cousins so we can all modify it and add songs, but I'm unable to do so.   - I created the playlis...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't hear music on Windows desktop app

I installed Spotify on my work computer today. When I got home, I tried to play some music on my home computer using the installed Spotify app for Windows. I could see the song was playing, but I could hear anything, despite the fact that mt speakers...

• Casual Listener
  • I installed Spotify on my work computer today. When I got home, I tried to play some music on my home computer using the installed Spotify app for Windows. I could see the song was playing, but ...
  • CryticalAce
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can see Spotify running in my task bar, but it won't display on my screen

I can still play songs, and when I hover over the spotify app on my task bar I can play songs, but the app itself just doesn't display on my screen. Also my computer runs Windows 10 for those wondering.

• I can still play songs, and when I hover over the spotify app on my task bar I can play songs, but the app itself just doesn't display on my screen.   Also my computer runs Windows 10 for thos...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music is now distorted and garbled

Been using Spotify 3 years now virtually no problems. But in the last couple days have had problems with the sound being distorted and garbled streaming from the Windows Spotify app through Airfoil. Happened last week and a reboot fixed it. Now reboo...

• Casual Listener
  • Been using Spotify 3 years now virtually no problems.  But in the last couple days have had problems with the sound being distorted and garbled streaming from the Windows Spotify app through Air...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Hi! As a Premium user for many years I have experienced many stupid changes over the years. Changes for the worse i might add, and all of them were surprising to say the least. But this..this is problebly the stupidest one of them all. The inbox wasn...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! As a Premium user for many years I have experienced many stupid changes over the years. Changes for the worse i might add, and all of them were surprising to say the least. But this..this is prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Desktop - Local files make app HORRIBLY slow

Hey guys, I've never had many problems using local files with Spotify Desktop, but recently I've experienced massive performance problems with my local files, which consist of about 46,000 songs. The app gets unresponsive and I cannot search my local...

• Regular
  • Hey guys,   I've never had many problems using local files with Spotify Desktop, but recently I've experienced massive performance problems with my local files, which consist of about 46,000 s...
  • DavidJuaquin
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

"can't play current song" comes when trying to play downloaded song

I have downloaded several songs to listen on spotify. When these songs are to be played next on the queue and they come, the error "can't play current song" comes up. I can play the song by doubleclicking them without any problems. I have turned off ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded several songs to listen on spotify. When these songs are to be played next on the queue and they come, the error "can't play current song" comes up. I can play the song by doublecli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play current song -happens when downloaded song on qeue

I've downloaded songs that arent on spotify so i can listen ton them. When such song is to be played next on queue it shows error "can't play current song." But when i play the song by double clicking it it plays just fine. What could be wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • I've downloaded songs that arent on spotify so i can listen ton them. When such song is to be played next on queue it shows error "can't play current song." But when i play the song by double clickin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files issue

In my local files I changed the folder that should be displayed but I still get mp3 files that are in an unselected folder (study files, and there are more than thousand files..., hard to get a clear music library) What can I do?

• In my local files I changed the folder that should be displayed but I still get mp3 files that are in an unselected folder (study files, and there are more than thousand files..., hard to g...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Won't Load/Slow to End Task Via Task Manager

Hello, any ideas on how to resolve Spotify not starting properly? Once I open the app it just shows the attached image. I have tried uninstalling etc but to no avail. Thanks.

• Hello, any ideas on how to resolve Spotify not starting properly?   Once I open the app it just shows the attached image.   I have tried uninstalling etc but to no avail. Thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes