Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Wrong language

Hello, First of all I'm not good in english I have a problem with the windows app, all publicity are on dutch language and I'm french. I change the setting everything is on French so I don't understand. Have you any ideas ? Thx

• Hello,    First of all I'm not good in english 😉   I have a problem with the windows app, all publicity are on dutch language and I'm french. I change the setting everything is o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep current order of a playlist but add new songs to the top

I have a playlist of some 500 songs and I want to keep the current order that they are at. but the order right now is set to "custom" and whenever I add a new song it goes to the bottom of the list. If i set the order to "recently added" it messes up...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist of some 500 songs and I want to keep the current order that they are at. but the order right now is set to "custom" and whenever I add a new song it goes to the bottom of the list. ...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error code 13

I tried reinstalling spotify cause my spotify suddenly disappeared, but I keep getting this error code 13. Once I reinstalled it, but once I switched on the next day, spotify disappeared again and same thing happens, I tried to restart, but it just k...

• I tried reinstalling spotify cause my spotify suddenly disappeared, but I keep getting this error code 13. Once I reinstalled it, but once I switched on the next day, spotify disappeared again and sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cortana Integration Windows 10 and mobile

Windows 10 has almost 1.5 billion users worldwide. there needs to be support so that someone could say "Hey Cortana, Play "Come Together" by The Beatles" and cortana opens the spotify app and plays that song. This feature already exists in the invoke...

• Windows 10 has almost 1.5 billion users worldwide. there needs to be support so that someone could say "Hey Cortana, Play "Come Together" by The Beatles" and cortana opens the spotify app and pl...
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Cortana Windows 10
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Change Desktop App User name

Can we get spotify to allow users to change their username on the desktop app? the default name is ones phone number and thats not good. This should be something that can be changed easily.

• Can we get spotify to allow users to change their username on the desktop app? the default name is ones phone number and thats not good. This should be something that can be changed easily. 
  • itu_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Clarification on the new 'usernames'

Got a question here, so my friend just signed up for a new Spotify account, but her username is just a bunch of random letters and numbers. Now I know that you changed usernames so user would get randomly generated usernames, but I'd like if you coul...

• Visitor
  • Got a question here, so my friend just signed up for a new Spotify account, but her username is just a bunch of random letters and numbers. Now I know that you changed usernames so user would get ran...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All of My song got deleted. Help!!

Help i turned on spotify and saw all my music was missing. my playlists were still there, but my songs were gone.

• Help i turned on spotify and saw all my music was missing. my playlists were still there, but my songs were gone.  
  • hammo43
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disk usage?

Whenever I use spotify it seems to use at least 80% of my disk. It get's quite annoying when I am playing a game, or trying to do anything on my own computer. It's a music application, not a music downloading/saving/writing on your disk application. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I use spotify it seems to use at least 80% of my disk. It get's quite annoying when I am playing a game, or trying to do anything on my own computer. It's a music application, not a music do...
  • danijones2324
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Error Code 13

So I can't open up spotify anymore. I tried reinstalling spotify and I've only gotten the message "The installer is unable to install Spotify because the neccessary files could not be created. (Error Code: 13) I've tried numerous things to try to fix...

• So I can't open up spotify anymore. I tried reinstalling spotify and I've only gotten the message "The installer is unable to install Spotify because the neccessary files could not be created. (Error...
  • Theagainmen
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cracking and popping on windows

When im listening to music on spotify, ill get these crackles and pop sounds that ruins the listening experince. I get these on pretty much every song. this doesnt happen on anyweb broswers, but I did check and it is happeninbg on iTunes. Ive tried, ...

• Casual Listener
  • When im listening to music on spotify, ill get these crackles and pop sounds that ruins the listening experince. I get these on pretty much every song. this doesnt happen on anyweb broswers, but I di...
  • connor_white53
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Desktop Songs playlist download

I can not find anywhere in the desktop app to download Songs playlists. Everything else can be downloaded, but this is not possible.Is it possible to download it at all? OS: Windows 10 x64App version: 1.0.69.336.g7edcc575 (Windows Store version) Rega...

• Casual Listener
  • I can not find anywhere in the desktop app to download Songs playlists. Everything else can be downloaded, but this is not possible. Is it possible to download it at all?   OS: Windows 10 x64...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant download a playlist

I creatd a playlist and want to download it to my desktop - When I click on download button (white) nothing happens. Do I need a premium membership to do that ?

• I creatd a playlist and want to download it to my desktop - When I click on download button (white) nothing happens. Do I need a premium membership to do that ? 
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Error Code 18 - Windows 10

This is more of a solution than a question if anyone comes across the same issue as I tried looking around these forums but eventually just worked it out myself. I found out Spotify wasn't installing the update after I had recently closed it and atte...

• Casual Listener
  • This is more of a solution than a question if anyone comes across the same issue as I tried looking around these forums but eventually just worked it out myself.   I found out Spotify wasn't i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • code 18
    error code 18
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs i heard on discovery weekly dont appear on my history

So i listened to some songs i really liked yesterday on my discovery weekly but i forgot to print it, so i went on the history list in order to find my songs, and its completly empty. i tried reinstalling the program, and still nothing changes.Can so...

• So i listened to some songs i really liked yesterday on my discovery weekly but i forgot to print it, so i went on the history list in order to find my songs, and its completly empty. i tried reinsta...
  • is_thunder117
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to drag songs into Playlist, unable to resize Spotify window, unable to rearrange Playlists

Hi,I just updated my PC to latest Dell XPS 8920 and downloaded Spotify (same issues apply here as my old PC). Lately have had following issues: 1) Not been able to click and drag bottom, right side, or bottom right corner to resize Spotify window.2) ...

• Hi, I just updated my PC to latest Dell XPS 8920 and downloaded Spotify (same issues apply here as my old PC). Lately have had following issues:   1) Not been able to click and drag bottom, r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs on desktop app are longer than Web Player and replay the last few seconds

Hi there,I got Premium about a month ago and there's this really annoying issue that only happens on my desktop app where the songs end and then got back to playing the last seconds of the song again. Everything works fine on the web player, but I no...

• Hi there, I got Premium about a month ago and there's this really annoying issue that only happens on my desktop app where the songs end and then got back to playing the last seconds of the song aga...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play anything from Green Day

So the situation is that when I press "Shuffle play" for Green Day the only song that comes up is one that they did together with another band. I can't listen to any of their songs. If I double click on one of their song in one of my playlists it sim...

• Casual Listener
  • So the situation is that when I press "Shuffle play" for Green Day the only song that comes up is one that they did together with another band. I can't listen to any of their songs. If I double click...
  • salmonsushee
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify family account ontvangt geen uitnodiging

Ik heb gister een familielid uitgenodigd voor het Spotify familie account. De uitnodiging is nog steeds niet binnen. Hoe lang duurt het ongeveer voordat de uitnodiging in de mailbox van de ander terecht komt? Spambox is ook al gecontroleerd.

• Casual Listener
  • Ik heb gister een familielid uitgenodigd voor het Spotify familie account. De uitnodiging is nog steeds niet binnen. Hoe lang duurt het ongeveer voordat de uitnodiging in de mailbox van de ander tere...
  • Watchmaker2
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No smartphone

I have spotify on my laptop, I do not have a smartphone, and I want to play my music on my HiFi; (without using cables). Is this possible? If so, how? Regards

• Casual Listener
  • I have spotify on my laptop, I do not have a smartphone, and I want to play my music on my HiFi; (without using cables). Is this possible? If so, how?   Regards        ...
  • ReatKay
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes