Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Folder

New Folder

Hello over there,

I'm having an issue with making New Folders. Better said, no problem in making them but I used to put various playlists into Folders and for some reason I'm not able to do so anymore. I can't click on a playlists name (on the left sidebar) and move it to the folder.

Any ideas?

Tried it with various playlists.. and it used to work. I really have no idea what's going on.

Am a premium member

No music, no life!
But I do know the deaf-world
5 Replies

Hey @EvilRegal

I'd suggest reinstalling Spotify, it's possible that your Spotify app needs a little refresh. 🙂

Do this (it's the clean reinstall):

1. Close Spotify and uninstall it.

2. Go to %AppData% in the file explorer, and delete any Spotify folders you find in Local and Roaming.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Now you can reinstall Spotify.

Let me know what happens 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

First of all, thank you.

Of course that's what I tried and did again after your posting. The problem remains.

It seems like I'm also not able to mark a playlist on the left corner which would indicate that I choosed it to drag around. It does open the list in the middle section, does have a green line on the very left too.. but it's not "marked" if you know what I mean?

Nope, my mouse (nor touchpad) is not broken.

Mhm, I really have no idea where this problem comes from. While it also seems I'm the only one having this issue since the last update. Haha.

No music, no life!

I've tried to recreate this problem, but I cannot. 

When dragging a playlist in the Desktop application, it can be snapped either above or below a playlist. If you were to drag the playlist to the very middle of the "New Folder" (or whatever you've named it) text, the folder would turn grey, indicating that released the click would drop the playlist in the folder.

This is shown in the attached photo.

Perhaps you're accidentally dragging the playlist too high or too low, instead of in the rght spot. If you're positive that you aren't misguiding it, I suggest trying these steps, starting with number 1 and only moving onto the next if the previous didn't work for you:

1. Restarting Spotify
2. Logging out and signing back in

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify
4. Switching to the Windows Store version from the standalone installer version, or vice-versa.

You might want to also try setting your mouse sensitivity speed to a lower value in your Windows settings.

I hope this helped you!

Untitled.png

Dragging the playlist to high or to low, I thought about that too but nope, that's also not the case.

"the folder would turn grey.."

When I do that, all which happens is, that this green thing appears. If I click left, all that happens is that. I can't even change the position of the playlist anymore. I used to be able to do that and it once also looked like exactly what you say - folder turned grey - but for some reason this all doesn't happen anymore. If I click it, I can't do anything (no dragging anywhere nor shift it's position -- it's like made in stone, if you know what I mean lol), the only thing I can still do is clicking right and the usual stuff appears "go to playlist radio / collaborative playlist / make public / edit details /...."

I can still make new playlists, can still create folders. I can put new music to the new playlists, but as said before, can't change the position of the playlist, nor move it to a folder (and also the folder is not shifting if I want it to)

Did I somehow fix everything in the left so it can't be changed or so? Not that I remember and I also wouldn't know that we had that in the preferences!?... but I really start to make myself crazy over this.

I tried uninstall (and deleted app files etc), install; from windows and from spotify;

Login, logout;

Uninstall; install Windows version; uninstall; install spotify version;..

No music, no life!
Screenshot-2018-01-18-15.47.jpg

This is sooo annoying 😞

Still nothing helps.

Can't we just have the possibilty to click right on a playlist and "move to folder..." too?

No music, no life!

Suggested posts