Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pat_lafont
  • Casual Listener
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 263 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Not able to repeat a single song

Hello,since yesterday I'm not able to click on the repeat button twice. That means that I can only repeat the whole playlist, but not a song by itself. (in other words: the repeat button with the (1) in it is gone.) It always worked for me in the web...

• Hello, since yesterday I'm not able to click on the repeat button twice. That means that I can only repeat the whole playlist, but not a song by itself. (in other words: the repeat button with the (...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify desktop "This song is not available"

Since the last update (1.0.21.143) Spotify is no longer working, it launches as usual but I can't play any song, it say that the song isn't available and that if I have it on my computer I can import it. For every song.I tried deleting the cache, rem...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the last update (1.0.21.143) Spotify is no longer working, it launches as usual but I can't play any song, it say that the song isn't available and that if I have it on my computer I can import...
  • tombardal
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

My Saved Songs is not Showing Up

I can not see my saved songs list all that shows up on the screen is to "Go to Browse". I have already reinstalled spotify, and nothing has happened. Also on my mobile there is no problems, and I can see my saved song list.

• Casual Listener
  • I can not see my saved songs list all that shows up on the screen is to "Go to Browse". I have already reinstalled spotify, and nothing has happened. Also on my mobile there is no problems, and I can...
  • Canadianmd
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify Connect not shuffling (Confirmed to affect: iOS, Android, PC)

There has already been a few forum posts about this. But with how the unique way that this company seems to run it's support where you need backup from the rest of the community to have a problem resolved it's gotten no where. No matter. We shall try...

0fJsd9i bYIPLls Rsjh3ya
  • Casual Listener
  • There has already been a few forum posts about this. But with how the unique way that this company seems to run it's support where you need backup from the rest of the community to have a problem res...
  • StephenWA
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast Audio Issue

Hello, I have an issue whereas when I am connected to my CA I can only shuffle play about 50 songs from the top of whatever playlist I use, or 50 around the song I start from. If I am not connected to my CA, Spotify works as normal. Any remedies?EDIT...

• Hello, I have an issue whereas when I am connected to my CA I can only shuffle play about 50 songs from the top of whatever playlist I use, or 50 around the song I start from. If I am not connected t...
  • StephenWA
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs grayed out on phone, works on laptop.

So I've put my Tool CDs on to my laptop and have them available on the Spotify program and added to a playlist. The playlist shows up on the phone, but all the songs are greyed out and don't seem to download... Is there something I'm doing wrong, or ...

• So I've put my Tool CDs on to my laptop and have them available on the Spotify program and added to a playlist. The playlist shows up on the phone, but all the songs are greyed out and don't seem to ...
  • sharadgadhia
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

My Music has no sound

I'm trying to listen to the song Heat by Eminem after adding it to my playlist with other songs in his album and it used to play before but won't now. I can listen to some other songs but it just won't work. When I hit play the audio track at the bot...

• I'm trying to listen to the song Heat by Eminem after adding it to my playlist with other songs in his album and it used to play before but won't now. I can listen to some other songs but it jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify makes my games lag

I'd really like to listen to music while I'm playing, but I'm unable to use Spotify for that purpose since whenever I'm listening to Spotify I get these several second lag spikes which is caused by my limited upstream bandwidth. Spotify apparently us...

• Casual Listener
  • I'd really like to listen to music while I'm playing, but I'm unable to use Spotify for that purpose since whenever I'm listening to Spotify I get these several second lag spikes which is caused by m...
  • Marsholl
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Bring my own music

With Google Play, I was able to include my own previusly purchased music - how do I do that here for music that isn't available on Spotify? Can't very well have all my music in one place without Garth Brooks!

• With Google Play, I was able to include my own previusly purchased music - how do I do that here for music that isn't available on Spotify?  Can't very well have all my music in one place withou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Since Windows 10...

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."For every song. After Windows 10 update, my sound was not working at all. I had to update sound drivers, that fixed the issue with sound from other sources. For SPO...

• "This song is not available.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it." For every song.   After Windows 10 update, my sound was not working at all.  I had to update ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

8 yr Premium sub cancelled, Windows 10 desktop app no longer works

I love Spotify, for 8 years I used it on my desktop at work and at home, but since upgrading to Window 10, I've had nothiong but problems with it. This is more of a rant than anything else, as I have tried all the solutions, sometimes they work, but ...

• Casual Listener
  • I love Spotify, for 8 years I used it on my desktop at work and at home, but since upgrading to Window 10, I've had nothiong but problems with it. This is more of a rant than anything else, as I have...
  • Wendy172
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PROBLEMA CON ARCHIVOS LOCALES

QUE TAL, TENGO PROBLEMAS AL INTENTAR CREAR UNA PLAYLIST CON TODOS MIS ARCHIVOS LOCALES, EN SI ES TODA LA MUSICA QUE TENIA EN UN IPOD CLASSIC (13,622 CANCIONES), ME SALE LA SIGUIENTE LEYENDA: "HAS LLENADO ESTA PLAYLIST HASTA EL MAXIMO, ESTAMOS IMPRESI...

• QUE TAL, TENGO PROBLEMAS AL INTENTAR CREAR UNA PLAYLIST CON TODOS MIS ARCHIVOS LOCALES, EN SI ES TODA LA MUSICA QUE TENIA EN UN IPOD CLASSIC (13,622 CANCIONES), ME SALE LA SIGUIENTE LEYENDA: "HA...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

test

username is random letters

• username is random letters
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PC App won't launch, can't uninstall, reinstall doesn't help

I've been using Spotify for nearly five years, Premium for nearly as long. I've rarely encountered problems with the PC application, but right now, I can't even launch it, and I'm ready to cancel my service if I can't solve the problem. Several days ...

• Regular
  • I've been using Spotify for nearly five years, Premium for nearly as long. I've rarely encountered problems with the PC application, but right now, I can't even launch it, and I'm ready to cancel my ...
  • dianajv3
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't see a specific friend's spotify activity

I have recently noticed that I can't see one of my friends listening activity even though I can see what all of my other friends are listening to. I told her to turn the feature on and she said it was, and we both tried logging in and out and reinsta...

• I have recently noticed that I can't see one of my friends listening activity even though I can see what all of my other friends are listening to. I told her to turn the feature on and she said it wa...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Crossfade not working on specific artists and setting not saving.

Brief description of the issue:Crossfade does not work for specific artists (Tennis) and the setting doesn't save once I leave the settings page. Steps I took:First I turned on the crossfade option (12 seconds). Tried to play Tennis songs - crossfade...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: Crossfade does not work for specific artists (Tennis) and the setting doesn't save once I leave the settings page.    Steps I took: First I turned on th...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Feature Request: Retain playback preferences after updates

Currently, I don't see a way to make my playback settings retained (eg Shuffle, Repeat) between updates. What ends up happening is I expect a playlist to be on repeat from previous use but updates reset the playback settings to default (No shuffle, n...

• Currently, I don't see a way to make my playback settings retained (eg Shuffle, Repeat) between updates.    What ends up happening is I expect a playlist to be on repeat from previous use...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! error code 13

I'm trying to download it and right as it gets to the point of running the installer it says "the installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created (error code 13) I've tried everything I know how to do, apparent...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to download it and right as it gets to the point of running the installer it says "the installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created (error code 1...
  • Debs_
  • 61 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 61 replies
  • 1 likes

Download

The download button is missing from my PC

• The download button is missing from my PC
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Facebook friends not showing

I just got Spotify Premium but never used Spotify before. I know some of my friends use Spotify, but for some reason they are not showing up. I would love to connect with them on Spotify. Please help.

Unbenannt.PNG
  • Visitor
  • I just got Spotify Premium but never used Spotify before. I know some of my friends use Spotify, but for some reason they are not showing up. I would love to connect with them on Spotify.   Pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes