Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

"open containing folder" option no longer available

I am Premium user. After re-installing Spotify recently I notice that the option to "open containing folder" no longer appears on the menu when right clicking on a Local File song. The song does play as before, but what happened to the option to find...

• Casual Listener
  • I am  Premium user.  After re-installing Spotify recently I notice that the option to "open containing folder" no longer appears on the menu when right clicking on a Local File song.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Blank window - Win7 clean install

Hi all, I'm having issues with a completely blank content area on first start, as shown in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/rIxOdyy I'm on Win7, and this is a new install of Spotify on this machine. I've read through a number of other support threa...

• Hi all,   I'm having issues with a  completely blank content area on first start, as shown in this screenshot: https://imgur.com/rIxOdyy   I'm on Win7, and this is a new insta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads issue.

My downloads disapeared after loggin out from my account on my Windows PC.

• Casual Listener
  • My downloads disapeared after loggin out from my account on my Windows PC.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Randomly Skipping

I dont know why but songs are randomly skipping for me and its so frustrating, i cant even finish one song. I tried logging off everywhere and reinstalling but nothings working. Anyone have a similar issue and they fixed it?

• I dont know why but songs are randomly skipping for me and its so frustrating, i cant even finish one song. I tried logging off everywhere and reinstalling but nothings working. Anyone have a similar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed Size & Coding?

I'm able to embed a track/album/playlist into my Wordpress site - not that the Share > 'copy embed code' ever works for me - I have to copy the Twitter version of the code! See... http://alternativefriday.com/2017/12/18/evolving-2017/ But for single ...

• Music Fan
  • I'm able to embed a track/album/playlist into my Wordpress site - not that the Share > 'copy embed code' ever works for me - I have to copy the Twitter version of the code!   See... ht...
  • bigjimcambo
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming from desktop app to TV?

Is there a way to stream from the spotify app on a windows desktop to a smart tv that does NOT support the spotify app? I have a model of samsung smart tv that does not support the spotify app. From what I’ve read it sounds like I need both a chromec...

• Regular
  • Is there a way to stream from the spotify app on a windows desktop to a smart tv that does NOT support the spotify app?   I have a model of samsung smart tv that does not support the spotify a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Set the same volume for all songs - INCORRECT STATUS

Dear Spotify I've noticed that if I enable the 'set the same volume for all songs' option in the advanced settings section, then restart the application and revisit that section, the 'set the same volume for all songs' option appears to be deactivate...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear Spotify   I've noticed that if I enable the 'set the same volume for all songs' option in the advanced settings section, then restart the application and revisit that section, the 's...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Show Page

hi, no matter how many times i update spotify, the show page on browse is not available , im from turky

• Gig Goer
  • hi, no matter how many times i update spotify, the show page on browse is not available , im from turky
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spoken classes in new ashok nagar call 9899908545 new ashok nagar .......

spoken classes in new ashok nagar call us 9899908545 new ashok nagar .......spoken classes in new ashok nagar call us 9899908545 new ashok nagar .......spoken classes in new ashok nagar call us 9899908545 new ashok nagar .......spoken classes in new ...

• Regular
  • spoken classes in new ashok nagar call us 9899908545 new ashok nagar ....... spoken classes in new ashok nagar call us 9899908545 new ashok nagar ....... spoken classes in new ashok nagar call us 9...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • new ashok nagar
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Noticeable crackle/pops with premium high quality streaming

I currently have a Spotify Premium account, and recently I've noticed that whenever I play any song, there are occasional random crackles/pops that I can hear while streaming music. This happens both when the high quality streaming setting is turned ...

• Music Fan
  • I currently have a Spotify Premium account, and recently I've noticed that whenever I play any song, there are occasional random crackles/pops that I can hear while streaming music. This happens both...
  • Gltn
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Calma Listesindeki Sarkilarimi Kitapligima Aktarmak Istiyorum

Tek tek +'lara basmak zorunda miyim? Tum calma listesini kitapliga aktarma yolu olmali. Ayrica burada Turkce karakter destegi olmali

• Tek tek +'lara basmak zorunda miyim? Tum calma listesini kitapliga aktarma yolu olmali. Ayrica burada Turkce karakter destegi olmali
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify started skipping tracks, after installing Windows 10

Hey. I have installed Windows 10. Now Spotify isnt working :/. Its keep skipping tracks after 1 second. I tried several solutions. Changing driver, etc. I just dont know what to do, i would be very happy if someone found solution for me.\ Its not wor...

• Hey. I have installed Windows 10. Now Spotify isnt working :/. Its keep skipping tracks after 1 second. I tried several solutions. Changing driver, etc.    I just dont know what to do, i ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs greyed out in playlist but still playable in spotify's library

This is a very complicated issue I've run into. Basically in a playlist I have imported from itunes on my desktop some songs are greyed out on Spotify on my andriod device, while others are greyed out on my desktop. All songs are still playable in th...

• Casual Listener
  • This is a very complicated issue I've run into. Basically in a playlist I have imported from itunes on my desktop some songs are greyed out on Spotify on my andriod device, while others are grey...
  • jboehm77
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble changing playlist picture

I do know how to change the playlist picture, however the problem is that it works fine until I close spotify. When I then open it up, the playlist picture is gone, and the old one has taken the place. Right now I've deleted the current playlist pict...

• Casual Listener
  • I do know how to change the playlist picture, however the problem is that it works fine until I close spotify. When I then open it up, the playlist picture is gone, and the old one has taken the plac...
  • anjafur
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot change Playlist cover on Spotify with any image I choose.

Hi, I cannot change any Playlist cover on Spotify, I am a premium member, the images I choose are the supported file type and everytime I choose an Image a red box appears saying that the image is less than 300x300 even though the images i choose are...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I cannot change any Playlist cover on Spotify, I am a premium member, the images I choose are the supported file type and everytime I choose an Image a red box appears saying that the image is le...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't change album cover picture

Everything seems right when I click the save button, but nothing happens. The old album cover picture remains.

• Everything seems right when I click the save button, but nothing happens. The old album cover picture remains.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is it possible to replace local songs with their Spotify counterparts automatically?

Hello, recently I have started using Spotify as I really like the idea of having an online library of my music. Before I used to download music using the 'youtube to mp3 converter' or just bought music directly from the artists. I have just imported ...

• Hello, recently I have started using Spotify as I really like the idea of having an online library of my music. Before I used to download music using the 'youtube to mp3 converter' or just bought mus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

It won't play

I'm sorry, I don't have a better subject for this.Just installed Spotify on my desktop. I'm logged in. I have internet connection. But when I want to play a song a get a message that the song isn't available. And when I try to play radio I can see th...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm sorry, I don't have a better subject for this. Just installed Spotify on my desktop. I'm logged in. I have internet connection. But when I want to play a song a get a message that the song isn't...
  • Nicesandra
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

jijjjj

spotify music? 

• spotify music? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fenêtre intempestive lors du démarrage de sportify.

Bonjour,Dés que j'ouvre spotify sur mon ordinateur (windows 10 à jour) j'ai une fenetre qui provient se Spotify.exe - Pas de disque et qui dit : "Il n'y a pas de disque dans le lecteur. Insérer un disque dans le lecteur F:" Je dois plusieurs fois fai...

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, Dés que j'ouvre spotify sur mon ordinateur (windows 10 à jour) j'ai une fenetre qui provient se Spotify.exe - Pas de disque et qui dit : "Il n'y a pas de disque dans le lecteur. Insérer un ...
  • natoil12121965
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes