Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[BUG] Playing album when not all tracks are available

If you play an album where the first tracks are not available, than in the album list the wrong track is shown as playing. In the lower pane the proper track is shown. See screen shot.

• If you play an album where the first tracks are not available, than in the album list the wrong track is shown as playing. In the lower pane the proper track is shown. See screen shot.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autostart Problem solved

I think many of you had the same Problem as me. Even if you've set the Autostart option to "off" Spotify would still start after a reboot of the device.After a quick chat with the support team they finally brought a solution. After you changed the se...

• I think many of you had the same Problem as me. Even if you've set the Autostart option to "off" Spotify would still start after a reboot of the device. After a quick chat with the support team they...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can't play 3 songs in an album

On the Shawn Mendes album Handwritten there are three songs Bring it back, The weight, and Imagination and I can't listen to the songs they are grayed out and they are good songs just wondering why I can't listen to them because it is very annoying.

• On the Shawn Mendes album Handwritten there are three songs Bring it back, The weight, and Imagination and I can't listen to the songs they are grayed out and they are good songs just wondering why I...
  • zipmiX
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Desktop client plays songs very choppy/buffering

My tablet just updated Windows 10 Home to version 1709 build 16299.98, now the songs will start out ok on the first song but then gets choppy after that and is useless. I uninstalled the app, restarted and then installed the latest from Microsoft Sto...

• My tablet just updated Windows 10 Home to version 1709 build 16299.98, now the songs will start out ok on the first song but then gets choppy after that and is useless.   I uninstalled the app...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Remake!!!

Hello Spotify!! Could you pleaasee do a remake of the interface? The current one is quite old and hasn't really changed since I got it (which was 2013). I am starting to get bored of the current interface and would like a change. Even if you moved a ...

• Hello Spotify!! Could you pleaasee do a remake of the interface? The current one is quite old and hasn't really changed since I got it (which was 2013). I am starting to get bored of the current...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Other
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! How to force Spotify Windows App to fetch updated playlists from Windows Media Player

Hi guys, I am using spotify with wmp and I made changes to my playlist in wmp but those changes are not reflected in spotify. I re-arranged some songs and added a few new ones then closed spotify and wmp, then restarted spotify and still no changes. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys, I am using spotify with wmp and I made changes to my playlist in wmp but those changes are not reflected in spotify. I re-arranged some songs and added a few new ones then closed spotify and...
  • CausticLasagne
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Top Songs (2017) not available in Desktop version?

On my Android App, I have the "Your Top Songs 2017" and "The Ones That Got Away" from the Home Screen under "Made For You". I can't find the equivalent in the Windows Desktop App?

• Casual Listener
  • On my Android App, I have the "Your Top Songs 2017" and "The Ones That Got Away" from the Home Screen under "Made For You".   I can't find the equivalent in the Windows Desktop App?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Code 13 - installer problem

I am getting error code 13:The installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created. This happened after an automatic update today which failed mid-way through installation. It got as far as un-installing the progra...

• Music Fan
  • I am getting error code 13: The installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created.   This happened after an automatic update today which failed mid-way t...
  • ilyanice
  • Regular
  • 35 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 35 replies
  • 1 likes

import my own music

I´m not able to import my own music to Spotify anymore. I followed the instructions at their support website, but even reinstalling the app and the desktop version didn´t help me to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

• I´m not able to import my own music to Spotify anymore. I followed the instructions at their support website, but even reinstalling the app and the desktop version didn´t help me to fix this problem....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The latest desktop version is a downgrade

This post is gonna continue to the bitter end, even if you change your posting system and there are no replies possible to this epic and one of the most commented and kudo-given posts ever in this board ....https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_...

spotify_notification_marker.jpg
  • Gig Goer
  • This post is gonna continue to the bitter end, even if you change your posting system and there are no replies possible to this epic and one of the most commented and kudo-given posts ever in th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Troubles in uploading local files from computer to cell-phone

Hi everybody ! I've looked around on internet and on this forum but so far I haven't found anything that helps me, so I'm posting here. I have to say before anything else that I already followed all the instructions founded here, so please help me ! ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everybody !   I've looked around on internet and on this forum but so far I haven't found anything that helps me, so I'm posting here. I have to say before anything else that I already foll...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix your help!

For the first time ever today I tried to access the Help menu on the Spotify player (1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf) on my laptop. Only to discover that the first three options listed (Help, Community and Your Account) don't actually do anything.when you click...

• For the first time ever today I tried to access the Help menu on the Spotify player (1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf) on my laptop. Only to discover that the first three options listed (Help, Community and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist

Mi playlist incluso en modo offline pone canciones que no estan incluidas y no se como hacer que solo se pongan las canciones que contenga solo ese playlist. Es una cuenta premium

• Mi playlist incluso en modo offline pone canciones que no estan incluidas y no se como hacer que solo se pongan las canciones que contenga solo ese playlist. Es una cuenta premium
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing laptop with iPhone

I am a premium subscriber. I just got a new laptop. When I open Spotify, it opens as a free subscriber, but my account confirms premium service. None of my playlists appear. However, on my iPhone, it still has all my playlists and correctly lists me ...

• I am a premium subscriber.  I just got a new laptop.  When I open Spotify, it opens as a free subscriber, but my account confirms premium service.  None of my playlists appear.  H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(Connect) Windows and chrome conflicting

I am in an office building, all employees are on the same wifi network. I'm logged into the spotify software on my PC. my Colleague is logged in to their account on chrome on their PC. I don't understand why our streams are connected. I keep getting ...

• I am in an office building, all employees are on the same wifi network. I'm logged into the spotify software on my PC. my Colleague is logged in to their account on chrome on their PC. I don't unders...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Starting position shifts after restart(2)

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Starting-position-shifts-after-restart/m-p/1576195#M177805 Hey, since I'm not able to comment or edit my last thread, i create a new one. I found out, that the shift bug only appears o...

• Regular
  • https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Starting-position-shifts-after-restart/m-p/1576195#M177805   Hey,   since I'm not able to comment or edit my last threa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find my spotify app on desktop after update

Hi, I cant find my spotify app. It used to be pinned on the taskbar, but it's is no there anymore. and it left a weird empty spot on my taskbar, literally.I tried to reinstall it but it said that it is already installed. when i try clicking "launch" ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I cant find my spotify app. It used to be pinned on the taskbar, but it's is no there anymore. and it left a weird empty spot on my taskbar, literally. I tried to reinstall it but it sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suddenly lost premium

Hi Spotify, I was miffed last week to suddenlyt find my premium service had stopped working. Most frustratihg without any notification. Why has this happened?

• Hi Spotify,   I was miffed last week to suddenlyt find my premium service had stopped working. Most frustratihg without any notification. Why has this happened?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help: Avast deleted Spotify

Hello, this morning when I turned on my computer everything was OK, and Spotify (Premium Account) worked with no problem for an hour. Then, all of a sudden Avast sent me a message saying it had detected a virus and it deleted Spotify. And now I canno...

• Hello, this morning when I turned on my computer everything was OK, and Spotify (Premium Account) worked with no problem for an hour. Then, all of a sudden Avast sent me a message saying it had detec...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes