Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Wonky Nested Folders: The Revenge

Windows 8.1 / Spotify 1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf Previous thread here. I cannot reply to it, and nearly all its problems and solutions are no longer current. For years we have seen playlist folders behave strangely when moved about within other folders, an...

• Music Fan
  • Windows 8.1 / Spotify 1.0.68.407.g6864aaaf   Previous thread here. I cannot reply to it, and nearly all its problems and solutions are no longer current.   For years we have seen playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Stops Playing When I Receive Text Message on my S8+

Music stops playing on Spotify Desktop for Windows 10 when I receive a text message on my S8+. When both are on the same network. Nothing seems to fix it. HELP!

• Music stops playing on Spotify Desktop for Windows 10 when I receive a text message on my S8+. When both are on the same network. Nothing seems to fix it. HELP!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists unfollowed and created on their own.

I noticed it when I got on spotify on my ps4 earlier and when I checked the spotify on my computer, for whatever reason all the playlists I was following dissapeared. Stranger still was the fact that somehow a playlist was created for my account with...

• Casual Listener
  • I noticed it when I got on spotify on my ps4 earlier and when I checked the spotify on my computer, for whatever reason all the playlists I was following dissapeared. Stranger still was the fact that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play any songs suddenly

It was working just fine yesterday but suddenly, it won't play anything. First, it was just a no sound problem but I fixed it and now my speaker plays youtube and anything else with sound except for Spotify. I just get the error message of either "We...

• It was working just fine yesterday but suddenly, it won't play anything. First, it was just a no sound problem but I fixed it and now my speaker plays youtube and anything else with sound except for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local songs not available after last update

Hi there,it worked all fine with local imported songs, but after the last update I can't play them anymore. Their are still there, they are not greyed, but if I click on the play button it just shows me the blue line with a hint, that the song ist no...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, it worked all fine with local imported songs, but after the last update I can't play them anymore. Their are still there, they are not greyed, but if I click on the play button it just sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Some local files not showing in main library

One artist I have in my local files plays in the playlists (both on the computer and my phone) but doesn't show up in the Main Library. It's not a huge problem but a bit irritating as the songs won't show up when I shuffle. Anyone know how to fix it?

• Casual Listener
  • One artist I have in my local files plays in the playlists (both on the computer and my phone) but doesn't show up in the Main Library.   It's not a huge problem but a bit irritating as the so...
  • bellasdonna
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The 'view full album' problem

When i browse through my saved albums often the message 'view full album' will appear. I click on it and it dissappears, yet when i re-enter the album its back, this is on windows 10. Its also a problem on Android, in addition there are often incompl...

• Gig Goer
  • When i browse through my saved albums often the message 'view full album' will appear. I click on it and it dissappears, yet when i re-enter the album its back, this is on windows 10. Its also a prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • limit to saved songs
    view full album
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cross-fade and volume normalizing won't stay on

Hello,Both the cross-fade setting and volume normalization settings in Advanced Settings keep turning themslelves off. Why?

• Hello, Both the cross-fade setting and volume normalization settings in Advanced Settings keep turning themslelves off.  Why?  
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Why can't I download my songs?

Why can I download my songs on my phone but i can't download my songs on my desktop? I can download playlists on my desktop but I can't download the songs, I will need to create a playlist with all the music I have to download them?

• Why can I download my songs on my phone but i can't download my songs on my desktop?    I can download playlists on my desktop but I can't download the songs, I will need to create a play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-processthreads-1-l1-1-2.dll'

The newest update on Spotify gives me the error "Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-processthreads-1-l1-1-2.dll'. Please, re-install this application". Re-installing Spotify works but only until I turn my computer off and on again since it automatically up...

• The newest update on Spotify gives me the error "Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-processthreads-1-l1-1-2.dll'. Please, re-install this application".   Re-installing Spotify works but only until I...
  • marede76
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Now playing remodel

Change the now playing tab to how it is on Todays Top Hits(12/6/2017) "Candy Paint" image. instead of the not so interesting way it is on other playlists like "GOMD"

• Change the now playing tab to how it is on Todays Top Hits(12/6/2017) "Candy Paint" image. instead of the not so interesting way it is on other playlists like "GOMD"
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Excessive bass

I'm getting ridiculously excessive bass on my Spotify app in Windows 10 only, and only on one PC. I do not have any hardware or software EQ on my desktop PC and Spotify has declined to implement an EQ feature for the desktop app (even though iOS has ...

• I'm getting ridiculously excessive bass on my Spotify app in Windows 10 only, and only on one PC. I do not have any hardware or software EQ on my desktop PC and Spotify has declined to implement an E...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my tracks

Hi everyoneI've lost all my saved tracks since the last spotify update. Where can I find them now? Does exist a backup of all that tracks?Thanks to anybody can help me solve this

• Hi everyone I've lost all my saved tracks since the last spotify update. Where can I find them now? Does exist a backup of all that tracks? Thanks to anybody can help me solve this
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I've just downloaded Spotify for Windows 7 having had to uninstall it last week due to a mysterious missing dll problem.But the log in page is efectivley locked / frozen and I am unable to enter any log in details.Tried a few times but each time had ...

• I've just downloaded Spotify for Windows 7 having had to uninstall it last week due to a mysterious missing dll problem. But the log in page is efectivley locked / frozen and I am unable to enter an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep getting this

What the **bleep** is going on? For the past several days the page won't load properly, and I keep getting ... Oooops something went wrong Reload

• What the **bleep** is going on? For the past several days the page won't load properly, and I keep getting ... Oooops something went wrong Reload      
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist management suggestion

Hi. it would be great if we're able to right click on the song currently playing and remove it from a playlist. the only options i see are to add it to another playlist, which is pretty useless since it's already in my playlist. And to remove it from...

• Casual Listener
  •  Hi. it would be great if we're able to right click on the song currently playing and remove it from a playlist. the only options i see are to add it to another playlist, which is pretty useless...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't delete dead playlists.

I have 2 playlists that I deleted but will not disappear from my playlist selection. They will not play and will not allow any songs to be added to them, they also do not show up on my Recover Playlist list. I have tried several times to delete them,...

• I have 2 playlists that I deleted but will not disappear from my playlist selection. They will not play and will not allow any songs to be added to them, they also do not show up on my Recover Playli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify wrapped listening time not recorded?

i have had spotify since last summer, about 6 months now. i listen to spotify every day and even when i am asleep i leave the music on. when i did the spotify wrapped thing, it said i had listened to spotify for 25 hours, which is not even close to w...

• i have had spotify since last summer, about 6 months now. i listen to spotify every day and even when i am asleep i leave the music on. when i did the spotify wrapped thing, it said i had listened to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify cuts off

Hello!Okay so. Every song, all the time, stars cutting off after 10-30 seconds. Re-installing spotify, logging in and out, rebooting the computer didn't help. What's wrong with my spotify? this has been going on for a while and still happens.There ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Okay so. Every song, all the time, stars cutting off after 10-30 seconds. Re-installing spotify, logging in and out, rebooting the computer didn't help.  What's wrong with my spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs unavailable on Desktop (Windows), but available on Android

I'm unable to play several songs from Spotify in my Desktop application (Win7), but they play perfectly fine when I try to play them from my Android phone app. What's going on?

• I'm unable to play several songs from Spotify in my Desktop application (Win7), but they play perfectly fine when I try to play them from my Android phone app. What's going on?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes