Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Can´t delete / refresh local files

Local files are still in place / in list although i deleted the link in the options... can't play them because they are deleted (says spotify)... or in other words:the playlist wikt the local files dosn't refresh automatically (about 11.000 files whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Local files are still in place / in list although i deleted the link in the options... can't play them because they are deleted (says spotify)...   or in other words: the playlist wikt the lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Today, when I try to open the windows 7 Spotify desktop player, I get this message: "Cannot find 'AP

Today, when I try to open the windows 7 Spotify desktop player, I get this message: "Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL' please, reinstall this application." This message also appears when trying to uninstall Spotify. Finally unin...

• Today, when I try to open the windows 7 Spotify desktop player, I get this message: "Cannot find 'API-MS-WIN-CORE-PROCESSTHREADS-L1-1-2.DLL' please, reinstall this application." This message also app...
  • VinnyPem
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Customer Service Help fo Miccrosoft Office

Online Microsoft Customer Service specialized backing of our organization provides an optimum solution to the clients facing complex issues related to Microsoft. Our experts find out the problems and fix different kinds of issues in hassle-free manne...

• Online Microsoft Customer Service specialized backing of our organization provides an optimum solution to the clients facing complex issues related to Microsoft. Our experts find out the problems and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error cod. 17 Windows 10

I can't have Spotify because of the terrible and non solvable error cod. 17 on my Wondows 10.Is there a solution? Which one, please?

• I can't have Spotify because of the terrible and non solvable error cod. 17 on my Wondows 10. Is there a solution? Which one, please?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Running in Background

I just updated to the newest version of the desktop Spotify, but when I try to close it, instead of running in the background like it previously did, it stops playing and closes like a normal window. Is there a way I can make it run in the background...

• Casual Listener
  • I just updated to the newest version of the desktop Spotify, but when I try to close it, instead of running in the background like it previously did, it stops playing and closes like a normal window....
  • Jackyjo007
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 5 likes

Volume is fluctuating since Win10 Fall Update

I have a problem with thevolume on my pc client.I didn't change anything but after the Win10 update this fall I cannot enjoy Spotify anymore.The volume is changing non stop, from loud to silent and back. The volume controller is untouched of course a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with thevolume on my pc client. I didn't change anything but after the Win10 update this fall I cannot enjoy Spotify anymore. The volume is changing non stop, from loud to silent a...
  • BV610
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows to Marshall speaker?

Hi, can someone please help me with info about how I can connect Spotify from my Windows computer to my Marshall (Kilburn) via bluetooth? I don't manage to do that and don't seem to find info about it.Kind regards,Ann-Sofie

• Hi, can someone please help me with info about how I can connect Spotify from my Windows computer to my Marshall (Kilburn) via bluetooth? I don't manage to do that and don't seem to find info about i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I open links in DESKTOP APP ONLY?

I never, ever want to listen in the web player. It looks like the only methods I'm seeing are going to web player settings, but they don't exist anymore. How else now?

• Regular
  • I never, ever want to listen in the web player.    It looks like the only methods I'm seeing are going to web player settings, but they don't exist anymore. How else now?
  • Tobesters
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Mac
    Web Player
  • 7 replies
  • 13 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Any way you can make a playlist of such songs for me too? A specific special friend has shared many songs and artists for me and I'm saddened to find that i'm no longer able to access these messages. Obviously it would be the best if i could get a re...

• Any way you can make a playlist of such songs for me too? A specific special friend has shared many songs and artists for me and I'm saddened to find that i'm no longer able to access these messages....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Inbox and messages

Hello everyone, We’ve been following the feedback in this thread closely. We’ve put together answers to the most common questions we’ve seen here. How can I get my songs from Inbox back? We understand your frustration. As a result of the feedback, we...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • Hello everyone,   We’ve been following the feedback in this thread closely. We’ve put together answers to the most common questions we’ve seen here.   How can I get my songs...
  • 49 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 49 replies
  • 8 likes

Continuous playing... not!

I call up a list of songs, start to play them but after the first song plays, Spotify stops. I have to click on the next song to get it going again. Then at the end of that song, I have to restart it again. Very frustrating. Anyone else have this pro...

• Music Fan
  • I call up a list of songs, start to play them but after the first song plays, Spotify stops. I have to click on the next song to get it going again. Then at the end of that song, I have to restart it...
  • andy78
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 3 likes

Cant log in via desktop for Windows 10

Hi, I have downloaded and installed the desktop player on my machine, however can't log in. It either freezes at log in stage after entering my correct email and password, or returns an Error message (code 2)Please can you advise how I get this opera...

• Hi,   I have downloaded and installed the desktop player on my machine, however can't log in. It either freezes at log in stage after entering my correct email and password, or returns an Erro...
  • Swanny
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open spotify

Need help please. Spotify was working fine but it was asking for an update...did the update and now I can not open spotify. I keep getting the following msg. Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-processthreads l1-1-2.dll'. Please, re-install this application...

• Need help please. Spotify was working fine but it was asking for an update...did the update and now I can not open spotify. I keep getting the following msg.   Cannot find 'api-ms-win-core-pro...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Report" and/or "Report abuse" button

Hi, Why is it that the "report" button (located by pressing the ellipses (...) button under a user profile) is grayed out on some user accounts but not others? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  Why is it that the "report" button (located by pressing the ellipses (...) button under a user profile) is grayed out on some user accounts but not others?  Thanks
  • curioususer
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play any local songs.

Seen this here too often now. Got the problem after a windows update.I tried reinstalling spotify, deleting local files and almost every different option. Nothing seems to change. I am using Xonar D-1 Soundcard with its own drivers that might interfe...

• Casual Listener
  • Seen this here too often now. Got the problem after a windows update. I tried reinstalling spotify, deleting local files and almost every different option. Nothing seems to change. I am using Xonar ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify launches but will not play selection and refreshes page

After launching I do a search and click on my selection. The screen then refreshes back to the opening screen. Spotify will not play any selection. Windows 10 app.

• After launching I do a search and click on my selection.  The screen then refreshes back to the opening screen.  Spotify will not play any selection.  Windows 10 app.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify High quality problem

Spotify keeps going offline after 40 seconds when I turn on high quality.Tried unistalling like 5 times, windows store app, app from spotify site, web player everything is the same.Tried changing proxies, result is the same.Allowed every inbound/outb...

• Spotify keeps going offline after 40 seconds when I turn on high quality. Tried unistalling like 5 times, windows store app, app from spotify site, web player everything is the same. Tried changing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No download button in ''songs'' tab

So, as of recently my internet started having issues. Couldn't fix it that day so just let it be.I was trying to play some of my offline music and noticed tat my entire ''songs'' tab was unavailable, and that there was no download switch to be found....

a272de25f6ea32faa0143c9a6edf4b9d
  • So, as of recently my internet started having issues. Couldn't fix it that day so just let it be. I was trying to play some of my offline music and noticed tat my entire ''songs'' tab was unavailabl...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Queue keeps disappearing & other annoyances

Spotify seems to get worse with every release. On a Windows XP machine, I still use an old version - no problems, and it's more user-friendly. Every time Spotify updates on my Windows 10 machine, I Iose my whole queue. You used to be able to select a...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify seems to get worse with every release. On a Windows XP machine, I still use an old version - no problems, and it's more user-friendly.   Every time Spotify updates on my Windows 10 mac...
  • Simplesimonq
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 7 likes

cannot find "api-ms-win-core-processthreads-|1-1-2.dll". Please re-install this application

Ja baixei a dll, coloquei na pasta systen 32, mas ainda assim ele n corrige, eu apaguei e instalei, funcionou... mas sempre volta a ter o problema, faz 4 dias que eu apago e instalo o spotifyhelp ;-;

• Ja baixei a dll, coloquei na pasta systen 32, mas ainda assim ele n corrige, eu apaguei e instalei, funcionou... mas sempre volta a ter o problema, faz 4 dias que eu apago e instalo o spotify help ;...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes