Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast audio - can not control the volume from windows app

Chromecast audio - can not control the volume from windows app

Hello I am having problem with controlling the volume when connected from my laptops windows app to chromecast audio. Its just greyed out.

I can control the volume without problems when casting from my phone. But why not from my laptop?

spotify volume.PNG
9 Replies

Hey @sawier

According to the help article:

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-on-google-cast/

Right now Chromecast is only fully supported in the Spotify mobile app. It is not fully supported in the desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

why the **bleep** not is the question???? whats so complicated to allow me to control the volume from my laptop?

+1 - Please add this feature - I bought the chromcast audio because it does allow controlling of the Audio volume! 

+1? +millions, i'd say! I have the same problem, like presumably millions of people. Please please dear Spotify and Google, fix this compatibility problem. Thanks in advance.

I am one of those millions, Eline. And indeed, how can this be complicated. Give us the possibility to control the volume on our laptop! 

Me too, same issue. Please fix it!

+1 - Please add this. Im not going to call it a feature, as it should be a basic part of the interface! 

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I will suggest you to install the APP: Chromecast Audio Stream, for more information look at here,

about Chromecast Audio Stream: More information here,

To control the volume, use the volume controls on the app that’s playing audio, you will not be able to control the volume from your system’s default volume controls,

Let me know if you get any troubles,

Greetings.

This needs to be fixed now! Super annoying.

Suggested posts