Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly Playlist

Discover Weekly Playlist

My Discover Weekly playlist was AMAZING, and I downloaded it (apparently) - but the songs aren't showing up on my "songs" list - is there any way that I can recover this playlist from the week of 1/21 - 1/28? I'm so bummed, and not sure what happened - clicked download, and something should have happened but I can't find any of these songs anywhere - is it hidden somewhere?

4 Replies

Hello,

Sorry but when you download the Discover Weekly playlist it will redownload every week. When you download a playlist it is not saved to your songs list. I do not believe there is anything you can do to get it back. If you want you can contact Spotify by clicking this contact form.

Hi hastings,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. But i have to say that there is simply not a way to recover that playlist. This is because the 'My Discover Weekly' playlist is just temporary. 

Yes every week it discovers new music for you

Hi hastings! 🙂
Discover Weekly is set to refresh every Monday with new music tailored around your listening profile. Unfortunately, due to this function there is no true recovery option like other playlists have. Also, contacting Spotify as noted in a prior response is not a solution. There is nothing they can retrieve for you.
To avoid losing anything you love, I highly recommend you add songs to your library when you stream this playlist by clicking the checkmark to the left of the song title. You can remove these at any time if you end up not wanting to keep the song.
A couple other suggestions ... if you are on the desktop version, you can check your recently played and see if there's anything in that list that looks familiar.
You can also view your recently played artists on your profile page as it may remind you of what you had been listening to last week.
Good luck! 🙂

Suggested posts