Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code 11 & 13

Solved!

Error Code 11 & 13

I've read a ton of threads on error code 11 & code 13, tried all the solutions - nothing works.

There was only one thread in which it seemed like the guy has the exact same issue as me - code 13 appears when trying to install with the default setup, while the full installer gives code 11 (I have enough HDD space and whatever on my computer), but after the guy wrote that he has no Spotify folders in AppData - the thread ended with no further replies, which was very odd and annoying. Cannot run as administrator, because it gives an error that I should run it with a normal account. I have also tried disabling my anti-virus (NOD32) during attempted installation to no avail.

I tried safe mode - no success. I have not had Spotify on my computer ever before, so there's nothing in AppData or anything to delete, first time installing it.

So thus far I have tried every single possible solution provided in any of the threads I could find on Google about the issue.

Running Windows 7 64-bit.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After trying about 300 times, and all forms presented here for you, I found the solution (easier than imagined), download the full version of the application http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe click with the right mouse button in the installer, click "solve mismatch problem" (or something like that, because I'm in Brazil and the translation can be other) after examining it, click "Troubleshoot program" in then check that the program worked in earlier versions and that requires additional permissions, just after click "do not know" in the version that asks, then click "start Program" in the new window, ran here on time! That's it ... I hope I helped ...

PS: Sorry any mistake in english, I'm Brazilian ...

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

That worked, thank you, Amanda!

Amanda's solution works, but it can be fast-tracked by applying the settings yourself without the use of Windows help service (she was using "Troubleshoot compatibility" function) - set the compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and run as administrator (it will not give the error that you cannot run it as administrator that it gives without compatibility mode on Windows 7 64-bit, somewhy).

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

After trying about 300 times, and all forms presented here for you, I found the solution (easier than imagined), download the full version of the application http://download.spotify.com/Spotify%20Installer.exe click with the right mouse button in the installer, click "solve mismatch problem" (or something like that, because I'm in Brazil and the translation can be other) after examining it, click "Troubleshoot program" in then check that the program worked in earlier versions and that requires additional permissions, just after click "do not know" in the version that asks, then click "start Program" in the new window, ran here on time! That's it ... I hope I helped ...

PS: Sorry any mistake in english, I'm Brazilian ...

Marked as solution

That worked, thank you, Amanda!

Amanda's solution works, but it can be fast-tracked by applying the settings yourself without the use of Windows help service (she was using "Troubleshoot compatibility" function) - set the compatibility mode to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and run as administrator (it will not give the error that you cannot run it as administrator that it gives without compatibility mode on Windows 7 64-bit, somewhy).

Good, I'm glad to have helped !!!

Worked for me too.

Thank you!

Hallo,

Ik heb problemen met het installeren van spotify.

Krijg steeds foutmelding/code 13 te zien.

Ik heb het ook geprobeerd als Adminstrator te installeren, maar ook zonder succes.

Kan iemand met dit probleem helpen?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi im trying to instal spotify, but i keep getting an error code 13.

Dont know what to do now

my computer is running on windows 8

Can someone help me with this issue/problem

Thanks!

This worked very well. Its a little outdated now, but by downloading this one you can then update it again, but ut works!

Unfortunately, it did NOT do the trick for me. I've tried EVERYTHING to no avail 😞

It didn't work for me 😞 Is strange that this process works for some people but not for everyone

OOOOPS!!!  The installer was working....and working.....and working. Finally failed.

This may be a Windows 10 problem. I have a new, very fast computer. Turned off Firewall, but that did not fix the problem. I am having too many problems with Windows 10 - in addition to it being so slow to do anything! 

I agree. Why would anyone pay for this nonsense? The only reason I beat my head against my monitor is because I have a friend that has their playlist on here that I love.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! OBRIGADA! Já estava desesperada! It worked for me, finally!!!

BR eh BR !!!!
Valeu miga, funcionou direitinho!!!! 

Isah Gomes

Aeee!!! Que bom que deu certo! 🙂

Suggested posts