Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashing when connect bluetooth headphones while playing

Crashing when connect bluetooth headphones while playing

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Device

PC - Spotify 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

Operating System

Windows 10 

My Question or Issue

When I connect my bluetooth headphones to my PC (Bose QC 35 II) while any song is playing on spotify, the programm hangs. The process CPU usage stays at 25% (one core), no sound is played at the headphones, the music stays running according to the shown time and it is not possible to stop the musik, choose a new song (you can choose another playlist, but then the main frame becomes and stays black).

You can also close Spotify via the task bar icon, but it stays with high utilization in the processes. When you try to start Spotify again a message is shown, Spotify is running but not responding. Only killing the process is a solution to use it again.

It is working correctly when I start the musik AFTER I connected the headphones.

The crashes are present only for a few weeks (it was working correctly before), so this might be a new bug.

6 Replies

Have you tried to open the webplayer witha a different web browser? This could possibly help. If not then it could also so be your hardware 

Thanks for the reply. I'm not running the web player but the desktop program.

I have had the same problem! when I connected my wireless bose headphones, the app had difficulties playing, I only heard sound through one ear. Then, when I tried to resolve the problem, I saw the music bar moving but no music at all was heard through the headphones. Then my screen stood still. There was nothing I could do except of pressing long on the on/off button. When i restarted the pc (xps 13) I had the same problem. So i tried to delete the app and reinstall. It didn't work. Now the app logo in start has a dark veil over it. I can't delete it and I can't install it again using microsoft store. Has anyone here the solution for my problem? 

Thanks in advance!

I am having the exact same issue as OP using Urbanears headphones but with the mobile app which is all I use. Every time I connect my headphones to my phone while spotify is already playing the app crashes, no sounds plays but it displays song is still playing. I cant use any buttons on the app as it totally freezes and the only way to fix is to quit the app and reopen it. 

i am having exactly the same problems with sennheiser HD4.50 would like a solution.

Hey there.

I've been having the same issue with my bluetooth headphones.  I believe I may have found a workaround. 

Go to you setting and turn off "normalizing volume" and see if that resolves your issue as it did mine (at least at this moment).

Good luck!

Suggested posts