Plan

Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

multiple devices

Operating System

Android 9/10/ Windows 10

Hi, I am having an issue with a new Speaker I just bought - the Creative Omni.

It has Spotify connect support but I am unable to connect.

Most of the time I am not even seeing it in the list of devices. It appears only if I start spotify on my phone/ PC without playing a song and then turn on the speaker. Then I try to connect but it stays on connecting and nothing happens.

In the meanwhile the speaker starts playing from Tunein radio which is the default service when it is connected to Wifi.

If I start listening to a song on spotify or exit the app and start it again the speaker is no longer even in the list of devices.

I realize that this issue is as much if not more with Creative then with Spotify, but any support is welcome, as I am a Premium subscriber of Spotify and would like to use it with this product.

Thanks,

Artzox

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

I have the same problem. I found information that updating the firmware may help. Unfortunately, I haven't found it yet.

I am talking with Creative support now and they are blaming Spotify for it.

As for updating the firmware they also suggested it but so far I am not getting a notification to update on Android and cannot test on iOS.

Ok, Creative support actually helped me to fix this.

Not sure why they aren't adding these instructions to their website if they are not supporting the app properly.

Here is the link to the firmware, it's good for 24hrs.

https://dox.abv.bg/download?id=756e37eea8#

You have to extract it from the archive and use the instructions to install it. 

All in all you should be good within 5 minutes, after that you can see the Creative Omni in the among the devices in Spotify connect.

Great! It works. Thank you so much for help.

Could you share the firmware file once again please? I was late 2 hours 😞

Thanks in advance,

Can someone share this firmware again. I can´t find it elsewhere.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Can you please send me the firmware you have used to update your creative omni speaker.
Thanks in advance.

anyway to get my hands on that firmware? support says it will work over the sb connect app but it doesnt work that way

Is anyone willing to share the updated firmware?

Creative support is not helpful at all.
I can send your way a few bucks for the trouble

Hello all,

struggling with the same issue.

Creative support can't give me the firmware update again, because the stopped the update server they said.... insane bad support. Can you please send me the firmware update?

Hey everyone,

I was facing the same issue until I managed to find the latest firmware and manually update my device.

The process was easy enough if you can handle the basics.

Now WiFi connection with Spotify Premium works.

Please find below the links with the instructions for the manual update and the latest firmware for Creative OMNI

Keep in mind that I have not any responsibility if you brick your device.

Instructions: https://dlsharefile.com/file/421721232

Firmware: https://dlsharefile.com/file/1209517072

Note: File hoster will ask you to check some offers in order to give you access but you can just close the popup window

Suggested posts