Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crossfade WITHOUT fades?

Crossfade WITHOUT fades?

Operating System

(Windows)

My Question or Issue

Having heard a few radio mixes lately where they fade into and out of tracks without a drop in volume, wouldn't that Be Gr8 on Spotify? It becomes totally seamless with about 5 seconds of crossfade! Any chance we could implement it?

3 Replies

Hi Dennyelvis,

That is a good idea, you might want to post in the Idea Exchange space rather than the Help section: HERE

Have a good day!

Sincerely,

A Fellow Spotify User

Case closed? Why oh why don't you idiots READ THE **bleep**ING TOPIC PROPERLY? We know there's crossfade, I was suggesting we had the option to fade in seamlessly WITHOUT the track tail prefading out? No drop in volume, so both tracks are seamless! Help and support? Youve had our money and can't be bothered!!!!

Hey @DennyEMufc

I also know the regular crossfade might not do the job well when some songs have a longer fade-out.
While I also suggest posting in the Ideas section about this (making the feature smart enough to detect where the fadeout begins so it will use the song before that point or something), for now using the higher crossfade time helps against the fade out issue (as long as the fadeout is not longer).
Other users can give votes and comments to the posted idea, and Ideas are looked into by staff, so it won't be 'case closed'. 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts