Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crossfade not working when listening albums

Crossfade not working when listening albums

I found a weird bug when crossfade is not working when playing music by albums.

29 Replies

@Soundofus wrote:

@HeraZeus

When you buy a physical CD or a Vinyl, unless it has been realized that way, you can't crossfade the tracks when you play it.

wth?  Does Spotify plays music from CD or vinyl? No? What a stupid answer. 

"... I personally think there is a lot wrong with the user having to Google the issue only to find out it's not a bug. Maybe it'll be a good idea to put a small hint near the crossfade option that says "Does not affect album or artist pages"."

This so much. I wasted about 30 minutes of my life trying to "solve this problem" because it was wasn't explained.

bump

Bump! Hans Zimmer has an extended pause in the Blade Runner 2049 soundtrack between tracks 21 (All the Best Memories Are Hers) and 22 (Tears in the Rain). The ability to crossfade within an album would be a really nice touch in this instance (I don't know why Hans insisted on a lengthy pause instead of making these tracks seamless), please stop preventing us from doing so. #fixthis

Bump

Even in playlists it doesnt do it. I agree that artists intentions should count when listening straight from albums. But i have playlists that all flow, then 2 songs that are next to each other on the same album just have a massive break in between them compared to the others that use the crossfade. Its not a massive deal but can really kill a mood.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here.

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Could you please share with us which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? You can also send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m currently playing an EDM playlist (https://open.spotify.com/album/37bu5iGP8qyG50MbFUKbGi?si=a6CBVD-hTdWbsOEqZzJ06g) which is made to cross fade into the next song and it’s not allowing me to cross fade. I’ve restarted the app, my phone and nothing seems to work. Super disappointed cause the playlist was intended to cross fade and it cant do that for some reason.

Hey @Bobby84,

Thanks for the post.

We'd like to help out here, but to do that we'll need a bit more info.

Can you first, try and run a clean reinstall of the app, following this guide. This will remove the app and all app data/ cache completely before installing the latest version of the app. 

If that doesn't help, let us know your phone model, OS version and Spotify version, as well as your cross fade settings.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i don’t get why i can’t crossfade two songs from the same album EVEN when it is included in a playlist i created. it really should be fixed ..

Suggested posts