Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete radio station

Solved!

Delete radio station

Hi

I accidentally added a radio station for someone I really didn't want to but can't find a way to delete them from my list

Can anyone please help and tell me how to?
253 Replies

Photomatix wrote:

A "bit" of a pain?

Its not a pain at all.  Don't listen to it.  Reinstall the software.  There's two workarounds that solve your problem.  Why did you kudo my post if you just want to continue complaining?

"Big words"..."clean install".  Let me guess you own Apple products Rollo.

Accepting mediocrity may be the way you choose to continue to live your life but there are still some of us out here that want Spotify to be the BEST it can be.  To achieve that goal I am going to continue to provide feedback on what I do not like and think they can do better.

It is one thing for a company to refuse to spend money to improve their product, it is quite another to be an enabler who seeks to deprive his fellow customer from a satisfying customer experience.

Oh so folk should only post if they agree with you? Got it, thanks 🙂

@tbstrathmore wrote:

Accepting mediocrity may be the way you choose to continue to live your life but there are still some of us out here that want Spotify to be the BEST it can be.  To achieve that goal I am going to continue to provide feedback on what I do not like and think they can do better.

It is one thing for a company to refuse to spend money to improve their product, it is quite another to be an enabler who seeks to deprive his fellow customer from a satisfying customer experience.

Respectfully, as someone who replied on this thread months ago- back on the first page... 

1. Obviously anyone can post that wants to. But this is a thread about discontent, which is also perfectly fine. And "reinstall and start from scratch" OR "muck up your list with a bunch of others you don't care about (and don't want) so they will push off the one you hate" isn't much of a workaround.

2. Obviously anyone can post that wants to. But I expect everyone doing so is smart enough to know that the replies I read today which were to the tune of "suck it up" are not going to be recieved well. If you expected they would be, that's your bad.

3. This isn't even just about the inability to delete a station anymore- it's about deliberately poor service from a very large business, who is showing complete disregard for its userbase. If there is a legitimate reason, fine: Say so. We're told there's not, that it's just not a priority. But here we have a very large community of people, who are obviously passionate enough to act on what they want: accept submissions! But no: nothing from spotify. No user manual. No community-created wiki which could have been set up BLANK several months ago when I first suggested it (since it hadn't been before). Nope. Spotify doesn't care about providing anything, apparently.

Furthermore, someone said something about it being a higher priority to get cross-platform compatibility implemented before "smaller" things like this. Well, that's one way of looking at it. But when something is clearly so important to this large of its EXISTING database, is Spotify really doing itself a favor to expand its userbase to have MORE people dissatisfied? Usually a good business will focus on getting it right before expanding. And given the large, large number of people I've seen with issues to the interface on a whole, I'd have to say Spotify is not there yet. But maybe their business focus is only long enough to get bought out? I don't pretend to know, but I don't see their actions indicating a plan for long-term business.

I'm quite disappointed that Spotify (Inc.) would rather build up ill will from its userbase and put so much effort into ignoring that userbase's stated needs from the service, than respect the people it seeks to profit from, and take our feedback as input with some sort of value.

Whatever, Spotify! Enjoy whatever money you've got now, because it won't last when your (potential) userbase deserts you for the next company that actually care about us.

Jeannie

would-be user, waiting for the company who produces what I want instead of telling me what I want or should live with, without a good reason or any reason whatsoever.

The thing is... I like Spotify, Obviously, otherwise I wouldnt be paying for it... or bothering to post on this forum. This topic has been validated over and over by the numbers of people that continue to raise the issue.

I think we both know that uninstalling... and reinstalling software is not a "solution".

Deleting a station has little to do with not listening to music we don't like and more about organizing the stations we do like.

How are to grow and evolve our music tastes if we have to scroll through 15 old stations full of artists or genres we don't care about anymore. That's my two cents.

Anyways, I wish everyone in this forum well... Rock on.

Radio stations are limited to 20 so once you create #21, #1 drops off. I know that's not as useful as being able to delete one but it's something at least.

No Apple/Mac user here, I'm a long time Windows user since Windows 3.1.  I've seen a lot of software with features I haven't liked, but have learned the workarounds as needed.  Seems like the younger crowd expects everything to be perfect and complains like crazy if it isn't.

Yes, deleting radio stations would be a useful feature, but I certainly don't see any conspiracy between Spotify and the content suppliers happening.  That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  And I'd MUCH rather see the devs tackle more pressing issues, like getting album art in playlists back and all the search functions.

Not being able to delete radio stations from within the software is a minor annoyance/inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, and easily remedied with a clean install.  Is that so hard to do?  5 minutes tops.

Not sure where this turned to users arguing whether or not this is an issue.  "Different people, different pinions, some people like apples, some like inions."

In the end, we each have a vote.  And that vote is through our dollars.  Either it's worth it or it's not.   Each individual will decide for themselves.  

It is in a company's best interest to have users who will provide feedback on their own volition.  Many companies pay to seek customer feedback.  That is what i feel these threads(deleting a radio station) should be about.  For this purpose, and for Spotify, i will share my experience:

- used spotify as a beta, seemed cool, but didnt really hook me

- recently had a friend that was using it and sparked my interest again

- installed and started to use and liked it, and wanted to use with my roku

- have to be premium to use on mobile and roku, so i opted for the trial

- like using it on roku and mobile

- started seeing radio stations pop up that didnt seem to apply to me and didnt want, tried to delete

- started feeling stupid because i couldnt find out how to delete the station (a no brainer function)

-  searched web to see how to delete

- came across many of the same questions and came across threads such as this one

- became very surprised that such a basic feature and no brainer sw design element was absent from the program

- became more surprised at the response from Spotify (start developing my opinion of the company and its approach to support)

- threw my hat in the ring of providing feedback (again, a gift to any company)

- now at the point where i am not comfortable continuing to pay for something that does not function at the level i want it to and that i do not have confidence in the level of response/support from the company

-tp

Whoa, what?!? Please define "younger".

I'm 37.

My ex-husband is 48, has been in IT for 30 years, and also thinks their lack of regard is both ridiculous and bad business practice.

My current husband is 52 and agrees, too.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to marginalize people who don't agree with your position. Clearly your advanced years have not advanced your maturity enough to realize that marginalizing people is not cool.

Regardless of age, we all have ONE commodity, and that's the 24 hours we get each day. That's what we get to spend each day. We who have complained know the value of that 24 hours. And frankly, my hours are not worth having to fiddle around with a program, uninstalling and reinstalling, having to set it up all over again, etc etc. I just don't use the service or pay any attention to it, except for this thread which I'm subscribed to, to see what comes of it. Because I do see that spotify has an advantage over other services, and hope that they will finally bridge the gap that makes it worth my time to use. And even to pay for.

Unfortunately their complete disregard has so far only chased me away. I still hold out enough hope to keep an eye on it, though. ... For now.

Sorry, jeanniebeannie, I didn't mean to imply anything about you specifically.  I'm a little older than your husband by a few years.  I have a daughter only a few years younger than you.

Anyway, my point was that a lot of these "Generation Me" kids tend to complain about EVERYTHING that's not perfect or that they have to put any effort into.  To be honest, I'm tired of seeing the same complaints over and over.  So you can't delete a radio station.  Deal with it.  Do something about it.  Reinstalling the software deletes all your old stations and give you one new station based on your top artist.  5 minutes tops.

I'm here for the music; I love the fact that the library is so deep.  I can live with the imperfections like lack of radio station deletion.  Small potatoes.

I think the major problem here is not the fact that you cant delete a radio station, which is to be honest shocking, Imagine if you couldnt delete a song from a playlist and they told you the only way was to delete the entire playlist but its more the general stance of spotify on the issue. Ive never heard of a company that will say to their customers we hear you and this issue is in the top ten most requested things and then at the same say that its not important.

Unfortunately there isnt a better alternative at the moment that i can use on my computer, iphone and sonos all from the same account. As soon as either apple or google release their much rumoured music streaming services I think ill be switching immediately. So unless spotify become a lot more customer friendly as soon as there is a viable alternative then ill be off

I am new to spotify and have to say so far it is not bad, there are some major things that seem just odd. There is no way to delete a station. This is kind of like a car built with no reverse or an mp3 player with no stop. It would seem to me that it would be a fundamantal part of the software. I read in the forum that this was one the most requested features but was still being put on the back burner. That is odd. This was dated about a year ago. The other thing is that the training of stations does not seem to work very well, at least nowhere near as good as say iheart radio or slacker. When I create a station with say Al Dimeola and Paco De Lucia, it would know that I want guitar, classical acoustic. I would through some other stuff in now and then for me to approve or not but stuck to the idea. Spotify doesnt seem to get that at all and will just throw anything at me, and if I deny say a song by anyone in the next few songs it will play something by that artist ( the one I gave thumbs down to) again usually from the same album. I know how hard the genre thing is as I have this issue myself with my music. It would be good to include some way to tell the software how far to go outside of the genre with what it offers.  Also it would be good to be able to suggest artists and songs for it to play somehow.

I agree with your comments on the radio. I gave up on it very quickly as I could never get it to behave logically.

So.. since the queue of requests is so long (and this bothers me so much) I volunteer to fix it.  

I'm SQL Developer and PM.  Quit giving the excuse of "not the highest priority". Sometimes we need to just work on things on the list because of their time on the list.  

It's getting to a point (About 9 months) where it's just rediculous it's not fixed.   Again, my offer is on the table...

I just found out Spotify does not allow its users to delete stations.   This is a shame.   I signed up for the premium service to check out what it offers.

Unfortunately this is a deal breaker.   If Spotify can somehow justify charging $9.99 a MONTH for their service, I see no reason they don't allow its members to delete a station as easy as they make it to CREATE a station.  

This is poor design.  Poor customer relations.  (as SO MANY have been asking for a VERY LONG TIME to be able to do this). 

Back to Pandora for me.  Sorry.  

Looking at this, I suspect you just like the phrase "deal breaker".

Cancelled subscription today.  Trying out Google Listen Now to see if it better suits me.  

For those interested, a right click on a radio station in Google Radio gives you the option to delete.  Amazing.

-tp

I also cancelled today, Trying google as well, I do think that the sound quality is not quite as good on google so far but could just be the type of music. Its only 7.99 if I stay as a member after the trial (cheaper) and the app includes music stored on my devices.

If Spotify isn't acting a little faster to make it possible to delete Radio-Stations, I will leave Spotify as well.

It just can't be that complicated to program a delete-script with button for the user - it more seems to me that it is just not wanted...

Can't believe it...

I cannot believe people are leaving over the inability to delete a darn radio station. How petty.

Suggested posts