Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 21 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • rossisdead
  • Roadie
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 240 replies
  • 20 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify wont cover the whole screen after update

So Spotify updated recently and there is a bug that really bothers me, I hope its a bug because if its done on purpose its catastrophic. Seen on the picture, it doesnt cover all of my screen, whats the problem? Can someone help?

• Regular
  • So Spotify updated recently and there is a bug that really bothers me, I hope its a bug because if its done on purpose its catastrophic. Seen on the picture, it doesnt cover all of my screen, whats t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop app is not working at all

When I click the desktop app it doesn't load fully.. This is all I get

• Regular
  • When I click the desktop app it doesn't load fully.. This is all I get
  • KJLonghaiR
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Increase maximum songs allowed in "Your Music"

Working prototype for 75,901 tracks Figure 1 shows the MasterConsole Surely this Working prototype could be implemented in the current Spotify player-- But apparently, Spotify opposes the business model of letting paying customers hear the music that...

WorkingPrototype_75901TracksInYourMusic.jpg
  • Roadie
  •                              Working prototype for 75,901 t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Edit: Doesn't matter, it either fixed itself or I accidentally did something that fixed it. I'm sorry. I would delete the topic, but I can't.

• Edit: Doesn't matter, it either fixed itself or I accidentally did something that fixed it. I'm sorry. I would delete the topic, but I can't.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't import iTunes playlists

Hello! I am trying to import my iTunes playlists into Spotify, but it's not working.I have made sure Spotify and iTunes versions are both up to date, and "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" it ticked in iTunes, but when I go into Spoti...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I am trying to import my iTunes playlists into Spotify, but it's not working. I have made sure Spotify and iTunes versions are both up to date, and "Share iTunes Library XML with other appl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

An error occurred. Please try searching again.

Newest Version. I'm in the United States. Updated Windows. Search bar is not working on my Windows Laptop or my Iphone 6s Plus.I tried:-exiting and re-entering-shutting down and restarting-uninstalling and reinstalling-logging out and then back in-de...

• Newest Version. I'm in the United States. Updated Windows.   Search bar is not working on my Windows Laptop or my Iphone 6s Plus. I tried: -exiting and re-entering -shutting down and restar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend feed not working on older version

So I recently downgraded to 0.9.15.27 version wich has all I missed there (like be able to edit info of local files and unlink track), but I can't see the friend feed. It says that I should follow friends and there's a button to find people, but it w...

• Casual Listener
  • So I recently downgraded to 0.9.15.27 version wich has all I missed there (like be able to edit info of local files and unlink track), but I can't see the friend feed.   It says that I s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Seperate devices

Is there a way to seperate my devices? ie. What I am listening to at work I dont want to listen to on my phone. I am loseing my place on what I am listening to on my phone and what I am listening to at work. It's getting really annoying.

• Music Fan
  • Is there a way to seperate my devices? ie. What I am listening to at work I dont want to listen to on my phone. I am loseing my place on what I am listening to on my phone and what I am listening to ...
  • Bun-Bun
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Widget near volume control bar after windows update

Hey,after windows update this abomination started showing up after every pause/play, next song or change of volume. pls noDoes any one has an idea how to get rid of this bull**bleep**?

Bez tytułu.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hey, after windows update this abomination started showing up after every pause/play, next song or change of volume.  pls no Does any one has an idea how to get rid of this bull**bleep**?&n...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Update local file

Hi,I make the first sync for my local files.But, today I add some files, and I don't know we make the udpate in the local files in Spotify... Thanks for your help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I make the first sync for my local files. But, today I add some files, and I don't know we make the udpate in the local files in Spotify...   Thanks for your help.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mise a jour des fichiers locaux

Bonjour,J'ai mes fichiers Mp3 dans un dossier, j'ai fais une premier syncro qui a très bien fonctionner.Je viens d'ajouter des fichiers, mais mes fichiers locaux dans Spotify ne se mette pas a jours...Un idée ? Merci

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, J'ai mes fichiers Mp3 dans un dossier, j'ai fais une premier syncro qui a très bien fonctionner. Je viens d'ajouter des fichiers, mais mes fichiers locaux dans Spotify ne se mette pas a jo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Available Offline/Download Button in Spotify Laptop

Hello there everyone! I am a premium user for months now and I already have downloaded lots of songs on my phone. I have tried downloading on other devices as well and they have worked perfectly. My problem now is that my Spotify in my laptop (which ...

• Hello there everyone!   I am a premium user for months now and I already have downloaded lots of songs on my phone. I have tried downloading on other devices as well and they have worked perfe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Blue stripe with message "can't play the current song"

the desktop App stopped working. When I try to play songs (even offline songs) a message sppears stating "Cant play the current song". there is no help for this message in "Spotify Help" and have also not found any message related to this in the comm...

• the desktop App stopped working. When I try to play songs (even offline songs) a message sppears stating "Cant play the current song".  there is no help for this message in "Spotify Help" and ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song does not disappear after being removed from My Songs

Hi, Somehow when I try to remove Boom, Like That from My Songs, it just stays there as shown in the picture. After a while the checkmark comes back. I have tried it on several devices but nothing seems to work, I think Knopfler really wants me to lis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Somehow when I try to remove Boom, Like That from My Songs, it just stays there as shown in the picture. After a while the checkmark comes back. I have tried it on several devices but no...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

switching email

i want to swich an email that's for my google account but it' linked to an acccount i don't use at all because i have a new account that's linked to my new spoftify account and i want to swich my google email to my new spotify linked with my facebook...

• Visitor
  • i want to swich an email that's for my google account but it' linked to an acccount i don't use at all because i have a new account that's linked to my new spoftify account and i want to swich my goo...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Opens and closes every few minutes

Hi!I have had Spotify for over a year (premium for about 6 months), and it has worked prefectly throoughout that period. However, today I got on to listen for bit, and it closed after like 3 minutes of listening and then reopened. The problem persist...

• Regular
  • Hi! I have had Spotify for over a year (premium for about 6 months), and it has worked prefectly throoughout that period. However, today I got on to listen for bit, and it closed after like 3 minute...
  • Adams12333
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

[Idea Desktop] Filter by Search Artists and Albums

I would love a filter by search (album and/or artist) like songs and local files have. Possible? PS: Some reason I'm not allowed to post ideas, probably to low post count or something.

• Regular
  • I would love a filter by search (album and/or artist) like songs and local files have. Possible?   PS: Some reason I'm not allowed to post ideas, probably to low post count or something.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists - Some work, Some don't.

Hi, I'm having a problem on my desktop installation of Spotify. I never have any problems playing playlists on my mobile device (iPhone). The problem is some playlists I can play fine. Others, will not. When I try to play a song in the playlist, I ge...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm having a problem on my desktop installation of Spotify.  I never have any problems playing playlists on my mobile device (iPhone).   The problem is some playlists I can p...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! This song is not available... issue

Hi there,I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook, X86, W7. A few days ago I updated my Spoitfy version to 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6. Everything was fine until tonight. I can't play a single song any more. All I get is an error message saying: "This song is n...

• Regular
  • Hi there, I'm using a HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook, X86, W7. A few days ago I updated my Spoitfy version to 1.0.42.151.g19de0aa6. Everything was fine until tonight. I can't play a single song any m...
  • crematedman
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

please fix the shuffle problem!!!

everytime the same **bleep**.when i activate "SHUFFLE" while I´m listening to a playlist with 360 Songs, I hear the same 40 songs every time again and again. I saw this problem in +30 threads on google, but WHY YOU DONT FIX THIS BUG???It sucks!!!I pa...

• Casual Listener
  • everytime the same **bleep**. when i activate "SHUFFLE" while I´m listening to a playlist with 360 Songs, I hear the same 40 songs every time again and again.   I saw this problem in +30 thre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes