Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Keeps repeating same songs when search a keyword in playlists

Solved!

[Desktop] Keeps repeating same songs when search a keyword in playlists

So, I have Windows 10, connecting from Turkey. After the big update which the template changed this problem occured for me, if it is a problem. Let's say I search for "yellow" in a playlist and it founds 5 songs related to that. When I start playing one of them, it doesn't play all the playlist but rather only that 5 songs. The queue consists only these 5 songs relating with yellow.

spoti1.jpg
spoti2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alperensenalp,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently if you write any word in the Filter bar (the little magnifying glass search bar) this will filter only songs which contain that specific word in their Name, Artist, Album. So all other songs in the playlist will be filtered out. What you'd need to do is to clear the search bar after you've found the song you were looking for. This way you'll see all the songs in the playlist and you'll be able to play them.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @alperensenalp,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently if you write any word in the Filter bar (the little magnifying glass search bar) this will filter only songs which contain that specific word in their Name, Artist, Album. So all other songs in the playlist will be filtered out. What you'd need to do is to clear the search bar after you've found the song you were looking for. This way you'll see all the songs in the playlist and you'll be able to play them.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator

So then why does the song I searched for in the Filter bar just repeat even after I cleared the Filter bar?

Hi @Daniel00000

Thank you for posting on this thread. 

Could you share with us a video showing how this happens on your desktop app? This way we can take a closer look and assist you better.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Sure thing!
Here's a link of a quick test I did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKCKWD2ZWjA
(This happens when shuffle is disabled as well)

Hey there @Daniel00000,

Thanks for your prompt response and the linked video!

Looking at the recorded situation and replicating it, we can conclude that this is rather an expected behavioral situation when filtering with search terms within a playlist. When you start playback from the filtered results the app generates a queue list that matches your search term and adds that to the queue. Clearing the filter words doesn't change that if you don't actually click play on one of the items shown in the results. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

I see, is there any way to change this or work around it?
It's really annoying to be frank.
Thank you for your help.

Hey again @Daniel00000,

Thanks for your fast reply.

We understand your frustration with this experience as a user and thank you for the time you took to report this with us. As mentioned above, currently this is expected behavior of the app. Perhaps you can share your thoughts and valuable feedback by suggesting a new idea about a change to this in our Idea Exchange board. Beforehand, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with the guidelines for Idea submissions, so your suggestion gets approved.

Hope you find this useful. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts