Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Lyrics desktop presentation

[Desktop][Other] Lyrics desktop presentation

The lyrics on the mobile is great, can we replicate the behavior on the desktop?

The things that bother me in the desktop are:

- Unsynced songs lyrics;

- The horizontal position of the line changing;

## Unsynced songs lyrics;

In the first "problem" we can't really work around it in a good way, but I liked the approach you guys took on the mobile, I think the best thing we can do in the desktop is to 1 or 2 past lines, that way we can mentally compensate for miss synchronizations (like it is on the mobile). I even tried re-syncing the lyrics in Musixmatch, but it doesn't seem to resolve the problem for me, that's why I'm suggesting showing the previous lines also instead of fading them to transparent.

## The horizontal position of the line changing;

On the second "problem", the problem for me is that the lyrics are centered on the current line + the 3 next lines (including one that is hidden bellow the "first fold" of the 3 lines of lyrics shown). When the lyrics container is bigger than the next 4 lines, the lyrics are full centered, but when one line is bigger than the container, instead of "align:center" we get a "align:left". To see it, try using a lyrics that is like:

```
a

a

a

a

this line super giant and will totally wrap in the container whatever the width of the container is, don't mind whats written in here I'm just trying to write something that will wrap the line.

a

a

a

a

```

You will see tha `a`s there jump from the center to the left and then from the left back to the center depending on if the big line is rendered or not.

My suggestion to fix this for me is to... not center the lyrics container, but let it sit on the left. If that is too "ugly" I think the best way is to render all the lines in the lyrics (like it is on mobile) and only then centralizing the container, that way this problem wouldn't occur in the middle of a song, but maybe only on between song.

3 Replies

Hey there @vhoyer

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂 Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. 

If you're seeing some Lyrics that are not synced with the music, we'd recommend reaching out to our Support team here in order to report this to the right folks. 

Regarding the second issue you mention, would you mind sending over some screenshots or a screen recording where we can take a better look at it? This will help us investigate further. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey, @Novy,

thanks for the response, no problem regarding the delay, things can be hectic.

About the first problem:  you know, instead of resolving only my problem with non-synced lyrics, just by displaying one line that has already been sang, this problem could be mitigated for most occasions of bad-synced lyrics, that's why I decided to post it here and not opening a ticket with the Support team, like, I really wanted to see the change I suggested happen instead of just getting all the lyrics synced properly because I really do believe the user experience of showing one past line is much better, you sure we will only ignore this? 😕

Anyway, about the second issue, here is a video demonstrating the problem, hopefully my mouse can be seem.

Hi @vhoyer,

Thank you for your swift reply!

It'd certainly be a huge benefit to be able to see 1 or 2 lines of lyrics faded, just as the next ones shows up.

At the moment we don't have that feature, but we suggest you open a new Idea about this very specific thing. In this article you can find the steps to submit it and the format they need to have in order to be considered. 

About the second issue. Thank you for sending us this detailed video, we were able to see exactly what you meant. In this case, the lyrics feature is still being tested so it's expected that the layout is still not perfect at all times.

In addition, the lyrics are managed by their market's lyric provider, so we suggest you reach out to them with this feedback. You can identify the provider by looking at the bottom left side of the lyrics screen > Lyrics provided by _provider name.

Once again, thank you for reaching out to us with these insights. Let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts