Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Where have the seperate Title and Artist columns gone?

Solved!

[Desktop] Where have the seperate Title and Artist columns gone?

Something I have noticed recently while using Spotify on Windows Desktop - In my playlists there used to be a 'Track' column next to a seperate 'Artist' column. These columns have now been merged into one ' Track/Artist' column next to an 'Album' column. Does anyone know how to change this back so that I have two columns for Track and Artist? Surely there must be a fix? I can't fathom that someone thought this would be an improvement - if i'm looking for a song the first thing I look for is the artist followed by the track title, being able to see the album is not very helpful.

Screenshot.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Henny89 

Good news!

There is now a new Compact Mode for track lists (playlists and album pages) in the desktop app and Web Player

The drop down menu now has "Sort by" and "View as" options. To turn on compact mode, open up the drop down menu at the top right of a playlist or album page and click on "Compact" under "View as".

On Playlist pages, it removes the album art, and breaks out "Title" and "Artist" into their own separate columns again. This view is similar to before the redesign that added album art into playlists a few years ago.

On Album pages, it moves the artist and featured artists from below each track title, to a new "Artist" column to the right of the "Title" column.

When you turn on Compact Mode, it will be remembered and stay on when you are viewing both playlists and album pages. You can switch back to the regular "List" view at any time.

The new Compact Mode for track lists is rolling out in the desktop app and Web Player right now so you should be seeing it soon. This has been a highly requested feature since the redesign came out a few years ago.

Desktop Compact List Mode.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @Henny89,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community! 

We understand where you're coming from. However, it's currently not possible to change this back to the way it used to look. 

We really value your feedback regarding this as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

Other users also think it would be a good idea to have separate song titles and artist columns again. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and Subscribe to this thread. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Take care. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hey @Henny89 

Good news!

There is now a new Compact Mode for track lists (playlists and album pages) in the desktop app and Web Player

The drop down menu now has "Sort by" and "View as" options. To turn on compact mode, open up the drop down menu at the top right of a playlist or album page and click on "Compact" under "View as".

On Playlist pages, it removes the album art, and breaks out "Title" and "Artist" into their own separate columns again. This view is similar to before the redesign that added album art into playlists a few years ago.

On Album pages, it moves the artist and featured artists from below each track title, to a new "Artist" column to the right of the "Title" column.

When you turn on Compact Mode, it will be remembered and stay on when you are viewing both playlists and album pages. You can switch back to the regular "List" view at any time.

The new Compact Mode for track lists is rolling out in the desktop app and Web Player right now so you should be seeing it soon. This has been a highly requested feature since the redesign came out a few years ago.

Desktop Compact List Mode.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There is so much dead space on the option with album art. Why do we have to choose between album art and columns? Look at these screenshots. It's stupid. Why make the user choose? Just keep the columns and the art. None of your UI decisions make any sense to me. Fixing problems that don't exist with U P D A T E S 😃

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 6.55.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-02-26 at 6.55.20 PM.png

Suggested posts