NEXT STEP

Desktop app crashes a few times before running every time

Desktop app crashes a few times before running every time

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When launching the desktop app, the app will crash a few times when playing a song. After a few times, it'll run properly. I don't want to have to open it multiple times every time I want to use it though. Anyone else have this problem? 

Resources are fine, 40% utilization on 16GB RAM. CPU is barely moving, running on a gaming PC.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times.

5 Replies

Hey there @yankeepride13

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but did you follow these specific steps to do so?

If so and it still doesn't work, could you check if there are any changes when you try using the app from the Microsoft Store or from our website and vice versa?

Additionally, we suggest that you try switching Hardware Acceleration off from the Spotify app settings on your PC.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I didn't know there was a windows app, I am using the desktop client

To add, yes I reinstalled it a few times. Cleared all spotfiy folders. 

I did have hardware acceleration on, just turned it off. Will report back how that worked.

Still happening on the desktop application. hardware acceleration is off, cleared all spotify folders when reinstalling.

Hey @yankeepride13,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As a next step, can you please check your hosts file using this guide and make sure that Spotify is set as an exception in any firewall/antivirus software you have installed?

Let us know if that helps.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts