Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Various

Operating System

Win10

My Question or Issue

Desktop app suddenly lost the connected devices (Echo dots). Logoff/logon or reinstall not fixed the issue. However the dekstop app already had issues connecting with one dot but the rest worked fine. (No, not related with the echo dot as works fine with mobile/webplayer)

Issue not appear in adnroid app or in web player.

spotifydesktopapp.jpg
spotifywebplayer.jpg
7 Replies

Hey there @waces,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you try out another internet connection to see if the issue persist.

It would also be good if you performed a clean reinstall of the app. This is different than a quick reinstall and could be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how everything goes. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

Netowrk conection doesn't matter as the android app or the web player not produce the issue on the same network. App reinstallation not fixed the issue.

Hey @waces,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We would still recommend that you give it a go with a different internet network. That would help us rule out the possibility of a networking issues. Also try disabling any Firewall software and making sure Spotify is allowed through the Firewall settings.

If that doesn't fix things we recommend unlinking your Spotify account from the Alexa app, reinstalling them and linking anew. That way we can make sure that the connection is built anew from the ground up. This Support Page can help.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

How could be network related if all the other spotify clients on the _same_ network not reporting any issues. Also, spotify itself works fine so not network or firewall related.
Also, unlinking not required as echo dots works fine if i use andorid app or web player with the same account. it's nothing to do with the echo devices (if unlink/relink would be required it shouldn't work with android app or web player)

No changes using different network. Seems spotify found devices randomly and spotify connect cannot handle multiple profiles.
Uninstall/reinstall changed nothing.
So doesn't matter how many alexa device i own i can use only one (!) account for all. Which makes spotify useless

Hey there @waces,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

There's an idea about this - [Amazon Echo] Play multiple Speakers at the same Time. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

So,voting for a 4+ years (!) old solution will make any difference? As it was not deployed since 2016....its simply not caring about a simple issue and moving the customer to the land of i-don't-care
Feel free to write down:there is no solution for the problem. Just for the record.
It's a basic feature not rocket science.

Suggested posts