Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

The same track twice (another is a translation of the song)

Hi, My question is, that can I upload and submit an original track of mine which is already on Spotify, but in a diffrerent language version? I do some translation songs of my own. Greetings,Pete

• Gig Goer
  • Hi,   My question is, that can I upload and submit an original track of mine which is already on Spotify, but in a diffrerent language version? I do some translation songs of my own.   ...
  • TaTHEj
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Indie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Proxy / Explicit VS automatic / Difference in usage of port 4070

PlanPremiumCountryFranceOperating SystemWindows 10Desktop clientLatest version 1.1.30.658.gf13cde74 My Question or IssueI've noticed a different behavior in Spotify Desktop client when using "Automatic detection" or "HTTP" proxy settings.Context: I'm...

• Plan Premium Country France Operating System Windows 10 Desktop client Latest version 1.1.30.658.gf13cde74   My Question or Issue I've noticed a different behavior in Spotify Desk...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't remove local files

Operating SystemMacOS Catalina Version 10.15.1 My Question or IssueI'm unable to remove my local files from my "Liked Songs" playlist. I've tried turning on and off the local files boxes on Spotify Preferences, it didn't work. Then I tried deleting t...

• Visitor
  • Operating System MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.1   My Question or Issue I'm unable to remove my local files from my "Liked Songs" playlist. I've tried turning on and off the local files boxes...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • can't delete local files
    local files unplayable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PC has no internet, now i cant play music

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaSystemPCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI have no internet access to my pc, havent for a month. I need to listen to music on my pc. All 78gb have been greyed out, i cant listen to any of my downloads. I will not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada System PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I have no internet access to my pc, havent for a month. I need to listen to music on my pc. All ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Player keeps jumping back to the first song in the playlist

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pretty much as stated in the headline. Whenever I'm selecting a specific song in my "favourites" playlist, that song will play. But afterwards, it won't continue with the next song, but rath...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   Pretty much as stated in the headline. Whenever I'm selecting a specific song in my "favourites" playlist, that song...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mute button not working properly

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am having a problem with the mute button as every time I click on it, the volumes goes to 0% and then I have to click it again for the icon to show t...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am having a problem with the mute button as every time I click on it, th...
  • fda9W82Y
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Local Files on a network location not retained

I am using the Spotify Desktop App, and while I can scan a mapped network location for local files, when I restart spotify it forgets the files and I have to rescan again. What am I doing wrong ?

• Visitor
  • I am using the Spotify Desktop App, and while I can scan a mapped network location for local files, when I restart spotify it forgets the files and I have to rescan again.   What am I doing wr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Re-download playlists... Again and again...

Why you don't fix the problem of re-downloading playlists? The problem occurs all the time in both the application on Windows and on Android. Everything seems to be fine after a clean install, but after each upgrade an application, the problem return...

• Visitor
  • Why you don't fix the problem of re-downloading playlists? The problem occurs all the time in both the application on Windows and on Android. Everything seems to be fine after a clean install, b...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 20 replies
  • 9 likes
  • Windows
  • 20 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! No way to play all the albums in my library at random and uselessness of Album-tab

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:Is there any way to play all the songs from all the albums in my library at random? In the "Albums" tab there is no option to play anything - you can only jump to the album page....

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Is there any way to play all the songs from all the albums in my library at random? In the "Albums" tab th...
  • rimutaka
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Constantly Crashing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify constantly crashes on my computer, sometimes it'll last a few days, sometimes a few seconds, but at some point, it always just closes itself out. I've tried...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify constantly crashes on my computer, sometimes it'll last a few day...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Volume Slider Jumping Around

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePc Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhile moving the volume slider it like jumps around and is pretty buggy, here a video of the issue

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue While moving the volume slider it like jumps around and is pretty buggy, here a video of ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 10 likes

Superuser Contribution Fully Disable Announcements

Premium | Windows 10 and Fresh install of Windows 10 | 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53bI keep getting announcements & new releases popping up in the Spotify client once a day when I first start it. I have the option switched off in preferences. I don't want to s...

• Music Fan
  • Premium | Windows 10 and Fresh install of Windows 10 | 1.1.26.501.gbe11e53b I keep getting announcements & new releases popping up in the Spotify client once a day when I first start it. I hav...
  • Connolly5156
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback Problem Windows 10

Hi, Since today I suddenly have a Problem with my Playback in Windows 10.I did not change anything. Yesterday it worked - not today...I turned on of the PC and reinstalled spotify - no change.I can can choose to play it from Windows via spotify conne...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Since today I suddenly have a Problem with my Playback in Windows 10. I did not change anything. Yesterday it worked - not today... I turned on of the PC and reinstalled spotify - no c...
  • Pelee
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop Overlay just says spotify.exe

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10 Home My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify Desktop Overlay, the overlay just displays 'Spotify.exe' instead of the song/artist as it used to. This started happening recently, and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10 Home   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify Desktop Overlay, the overlay just displays 'Spotify.exe' in...
  • MarkusFrandsen
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[desktop] Graphic bug with the modal "duplicate song" with the german language

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I try to add a song that is already in my playlist, a modal comes out, and this modal, when the interface language is germ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I try to add a song that is already in my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep getting an error message when changing playlist cover

I have been trying to change my playlist covers for awhile, I have completely uninstalled the app on my laptop and redownloaded, logged out and logged back in but it still keeps saying my image size is too small (even though it definitely isn't). How...

• Visitor
  • I have been trying to change my playlist covers for awhile, I have completely uninstalled the app on my laptop and redownloaded, logged out and logged back in but it still keeps saying my image size ...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist Cover
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

play disc1 of 2 on an album

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSome bands release an album with multiple discs.For instance Long Distance Calling - Satellite Bay has 2 discs.On the 1st disc is the original recordings, on the 2nd disc is a remastered version of some ...

• Music Fan
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Some bands release an album with multiple discs. For instance Long Distance Calling - Satellite Bay has 2 discs. On the 1st disc is the o...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Skips All Tracks

Spotify plays fine on my phone and has on my computer til today. I try to play a playlist and it skips to the next song then the next and the next and so on until the end and it says "spotify cant play this right now".I've reinstalled a few times, up...

• Regular
  • Spotify plays fine on my phone and has on my computer til today. I try to play a playlist and it skips to the next song then the next and the next and so on until the end and it says "spotify ca...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop mouse issues

On my end the mouse sometimes behaves very erratically whenever I try to edit a playlist or queue. Sometimes when I try to drag and drop a song it stops halfway through and I have to do the dragging and dropping again till it works. Sometimes it acts...

• Visitor
  • On my end the mouse sometimes behaves very erratically whenever I try to edit a playlist or queue. Sometimes when I try to drag and drop a song it stops halfway through and I have to do the dragging ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Desktop App Turning on Camera

So, almost every time I open the Spotify desktop app and play a song on my windows computer the camera turns on. My computer notifies me of this on-screen and the camera light turns on. When I close Spotify, I get a notification that my camera has tu...

• Visitor
  • So, almost every time I open the Spotify desktop app and play a song on my windows computer the camera turns on. My computer notifies me of this on-screen and the camera light turns on. When I close ...
  • giffelfar
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes