Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Where to find total playlist length on desktop

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Eqalizer

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhere is it?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Where is it?
  • 1_-jlsxar0o3f
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Expanding Sidebar

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC LaptopOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to find out why the left sidebar can only expand when Spotify is fully open? It used to be that I could keep Spotify to only taking up half the screen and still...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Laptop Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying to find out why the left sidebar can only expand when Spotify is fully open?...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! I Followed a Tutorial to block ads on spotify. Now it wont work on my device.

PlanFreeCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 So a while back i was getting tired of spotify ads, so i decided to follow a guide on how to block them. After a while where i didn't use spotify, I came back and now my device cant connect. It can...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   So a while back i was getting tired of spotify ads, so i decided to follow a guide on how to block them. After a while wher...
  • vrabaci
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 5.1 Effect how to disable (5.1 Upmix disable)

Hi on the desktop app spofify seems to be expanding the sound to my center speaker and then reducing the sound in my left and right speaker. I want to use the Very High setting but have spofity only play in stereo and not apply any effects which soun...

• Regular
  • Hi on the desktop app spofify seems to be expanding the sound to my center speaker and then reducing the sound in my left and right speaker. I want to use the Very High setting but have spofity only ...
  • nielrio
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Desktop app loads very slowly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8 My Question or IssueEvery time I open the Spotify Premium desktop app, the Spotify window opens with the top and left bars, but no content, just a black empty space where music options should be....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 8   My Question or Issue Every time I open the Spotify Premium desktop app, the Spotify window opens with the top and left b...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

again spotify slowly!

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe program has been very slow. The opening time of the program, the time to start playing the songs, the time to increase the volume and decrease the time slowed down sig...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The program has been very slow. The opening time of the program, the time to start playing the...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: Spotify devices keep being out of sync

I trying reinstall any software, installing windows .exe app, installing windows store app, but the problem presists.First time, I try the web player in my PC, affter I save a music on my notebook. It is sync the music, but the windows app nothing. L...

• Visitor
  • I trying reinstall any software, installing windows .exe app, installing windows store app, but the problem presists. First time, I try the web player in my PC, affter I save a music on my noteboo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted Daily Mixes

FreeUnited Kingdom DeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI keep getting rather annoyed at the algorithms creating my Daily Mixes. Several times now I've liked a song from a genre I usually don't like, and the next day Spot...

• Regular
  • Free United Kingdom   Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I keep getting rather annoyed at the algorithms creating my Daily Mixes. Several times...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Daily mix issues
    Daily Mixes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Forgetting Liked Songs

FreeUnited Kingdom DeviceDell InspironOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:Every time for the last month when I open up Spotify and listen to playlists containing songs I've previously liked, they do not register as having been liked, i.e....

• Regular
  • Free United Kingdom   Device Dell Inspiron Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Every time for the last month when I open up Spotify and listen to playlists containi...
  • Branchable
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 14 likes

No sound in Windows Spotify desktop application

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceLenovo X1 Yoga 3rd genOperating SystemWindows 10 Enterprise (build 1903) My Question or IssueSince a few days the Spotify desktop application is not making any sounds. I am a technical guy so ruled out the obvious s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd gen Operating System Windows 10 Enterprise (build 1903)   My Question or Issue Since a few days the Spotify desktop applicati...
  • denhog1990
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows App response is slow and jerky

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceHP ZBook Studio, 16GB RAM, Intel i7-6820HQOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro, v.18362.295 My Question or IssueUser interface is slow and jerky.Examples:- When using volume slider to change volume the slider kind of jumps aro...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device HP ZBook Studio, 16GB RAM, Intel i7-6820HQ Operating System Windows 10 Pro, v.18362.295   My Question or Issue User interface is slow and jerky. Exa...
  • Snurrboroger
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I tell the Groove Music app to play my Spotify music?

CountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHonestly, the Spotify music app sucks. I really miss the days of Groove Music. The Groove Music app still exists, but it no longer streams music. So I'm hoping there's a way to either link t...

• Regular
  • Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Honestly, the Spotify music app sucks.  I really miss the days of Groove Music.  The Groove Music app still exis...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I search only my own music?

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I search in Spotify it searches the whole wide world and I only want to search my own music. How can I tell Spotify to search only in my own library?

• Regular
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I search in Spotify it searches the whole wide world and I only want to search my own music.  How can I tell Spotify to search on...
  • games-dean
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

App keeps playing the next song from a different playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone X, PC (Windows)Operating SystemiOS 12 (up-to-date), Windows 10 (up-to-date) My Question or IssueAs I play songs from other playlists such as Discover Weekly, the next song immediately reverts to another heavily-used ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone X, PC (Windows) Operating System iOS 12 (up-to-date), Windows 10 (up-to-date)   My Question or Issue As I play songs from other playlists such as...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mixes don't show up anymore

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI don't have any daily mixes anymore. I already only had 2 or 1, then it dropped to 1. I thought it was normal but now I have NONE. I listen to a wide range of music. Also missing on my phone...

• Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I don't have any daily mixes anymore. I already only had 2 or 1, then it dropped to 1. I thought it was normal but n...
  • A_Musicophile
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Cover Images | Image files not appearing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceHP PavilionOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've been having an issue of late where I want to change the cover images for my playlists, however when I am prompted to do so the images I downloaded on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device HP Pavilion Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've been having an issue of late where I want to change the cover images for m...
  • ItzWyzard
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad won't play and has to be closed to fix issues

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSpotify goes to play an ad but the ad just stops. It isn't a connection issue or me just pausing it. It actually says the ad is playing but it never actually does....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify goes to play an ad but the ad just stops. It isn't a connection issue or me just pausi...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Song Storage keeps resetting to default.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey there, I just switched over from standalone Spotify to Spotify for Windows 10. I'm trying to change the offline song storage to the location where I had downloaded all my...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey there, I just switched over from standalone Spotify to Spotify for Windows 10. I'm trying to c...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Unhappy with how radio/playlist radio has changed.

Allright, I have been holding this back for a while now, but now I'm really wondering what you are doing. First you removed the ability to delete a playlist radio. Then you removed playlist radio or custom radio channels from radio tab. Now playlist ...

• Music Fan
  • Allright, I have been holding this back for a while now, but now I'm really wondering what you are doing.   First you removed the ability to delete a playlist radio. Then you removed playlist ...
  • dado111
  • 8 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 11 likes