Free/Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Asus ZenBook

Operating System

Windows10

My Question or Issue

There are primarily 5 issues with the new Update. Its fine if Spotify wants to optimise stuff and streamline the UX. BUT why does it come with a removal of features and implementing of things noone needs?

1. Artist Page in Library

Why are my saved songs removed, why do i only get the usual Artist Page with popular songs etc.. I save all my favourite songs from every Artist (over 400) i listen to. Where can i now acces them? Do you want us to make a playlist for every artist? with the shitty playlist system, where u cant even sort them as u like?

2. Friend activity

just vanished, i can connect to facebook now, but still doesnt show what my freinds are listening. "Show and hide Friend Activity from Settings" - Kind of a lie, and the sidebar cant be hidden. Good job on that devs.

3. Currently playing

There was always the option to click onto the "album picture" to show what playlist is currently playing. and i dont mean whats on the queue, but the actual playlist (being it a made playlist, or a "based on", or jsut liked songs by artist). Now i cant find where i can access that again.

4. Loading time

So you state that the loading time got optimised. Cant see anything of that, scrolling along my Artists it takes crazy long for the app to load new entries.

5. continuity between platforms

On the Android app, everything is fine still, all the mentioned **bleep**ed up features work as intended and as was previously done. i only hope that spotify doesnt **bleep** this up too.

Tell me why you have to downgrade the Desktop App with every update, getting to the point that your users have to think about switching, but are kind of compromised, since we built our Music Collection, and switching platforms **bleep**s up your whole algorithms. WHHYYYYYY?!?!?!!?!?!!!!1111eleven!!!

1 Reply

Hey @50vgayc-_mrs6,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it and we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

You can also head here to find more information about the New Desktop Experience. You can also share your feedback in the thread. 

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help. 

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts