Volume Slider is buggy

Volume Slider is buggy

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Operating System

Windows 8.1 Pro

When I move the volume slider it jumps back and forth. Even other users have opened a discussion about it just about a year ago and nothing's changed. Is there anything I can do about it? 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

My version number is 1.1.54.592.gc0b20638 if you need.

Regards.

10 Replies

Hey there @-ifnch2n9a_ka,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I tried reinstalling Spotify but nothing's changed. I even tried to reinstall my OS but it didn't have any effect either. The volume slider is still the same.

Sorry for my late response by the way.

Hi there @-ifnch2n9a_ka

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Just to confirm, have you tried checking with a different account as @Jeremy suggested?

On another note, we recommend cleaning up the hosts file on your PC. Follow the steps described here on how you can do that.

If this doesn't do the trick, sending us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device would come in handy.

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your reply.

In my hosts file, I couldn't find anything like these:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

My notebook model is Toshiba Satellite A300 - 2D4, Windows 8.1 64-Bit, and my Spotify version is 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60.

Hey @-ifnch2n9a_ka,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know if you get the same effect on another account? You can ask a friend to log in with theirs or create a free test account.

Also, does this happen on the Web player too? This will help us narrow down the possible cause of this issue.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately, there's the same thing on the other accounts too. But the web player's volume slider works fine. Looks like i have to use the web player until the volume slider of the desktop app fixed. Thanks.

Hey @ 

Thanks for the quick reply and the info.

Can you try the following:

1. Go to settings

2. Advanced settings > Compatibility

3. Switch 'Enable hardware acceleration' to OFF

4. Restart Spotify

5. Slider should now be fixed

Some users have reported that this fixed this issue for them.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Thanks for your reply.

I disabled the Hardware Acceleration and restarted the app as you tell (Donanım Hızlandırma in Turkish) but in my case it made worse and it made the app laggier than ever.

https://youtu.be/jooguOCCZOw

Hey @-ifnch2n9a_ka,

Thanks for the quick reply and the video.

Another thing you can try is to download the app from the Official Spotify website instead of the Microsoft store. This version works better on some computers.

Running the app in Windows 8 Compatibility mode is also worth trying. 

This issue has been reported to the right teams at Spotify, however there is no unique fix as it appears to be linked to specific set-ups. You can read more about this here.

AlexModerator

Sadly nothing's changed. I'm not using Windows 10 so I can't use the Microsoft Store version of Spotify anyway. Looks like there's nothing i can do about it.

Suggested posts