Free

Country

U.A.E.

Device

HP Pavilion x360

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue
I've performed a clean reinstall, tried switching off hardware acceleration but I'm still unable to play music. I'm constantly provided with the error message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have your file on your computer you can import it" for any playlist and track. As Spotify works on my mobile, I tried changing devices from there but even that doesn't work. 
Spotify Version: 1.1.55.498.gf9a83c60

1 Reply

Hey there @KenSmiley,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you remove any hosts files. You can do that by following these steps:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
  2. go to File - Open and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
  3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open
  4. When the file is open, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 0.0.0.0 website.com127.0.0.1 website2.com
  5. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address. Examples may look like: 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com0.0.0.0
  6. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  7. Save your changes and restart Spotify

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts