Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Disable media keys for Spotify

Disable media keys for Spotify

I'm using Spotify on my media center, and controlling it with my ipad and android.

However, every time I pause my movies with my remote, Spotify reacts to the pause /play button and starts playing music. Even if it's minimized to the task bar. 

How do I stop Spotify from reacting to these buttons?

7 Replies

Nothing knows anything about this?

Where can I report it to Spotify?

I have the same issue.

Have the same issue.

In Spotify go to

edit/preferences/display options: disable show desktop overlay when using media keys

I know this is old, but, I'm having a similar issue with my Logitech G502 and Spotify Desktop. From the Logitech app I've disabled two buttons wich makes like a previous-next functions, but Spotify still catches it and changes the song I'm listening. I disabled those buttons because I accidentally touch them very often, and now it's happening with music, I'm about to lose it.

Same issue, replying to hopefully get some traction

Would love to get a solution to this! I use jriver to watch live TV and movies and I use a remote control to control what I'm watching. I like to have Spotify running in the back ground so I can play music from my phone on the PC as I wish. However, Spotify reacts to the remote control inputs even when it's minimised and JRiver is running. Any ideas? Thanks!

Suggested posts