Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dislike button has no effect on radio playlist

Solved!

Dislike button has no effect on radio playlist

I'm noticing that songs that I've marked as disliked, keeps popping up again after a while. Shouldn't those songs that are marked as disliked, be avoided for all future in any or all radio playlists?

43 Replies

Yeah.

After getting some more experience with the like & dislike buttons, I've noticed the buttons are useless.

When I like a song, I like the song and not necessarily the artist or similar artists. I like it because of the beat, instruments or melody. So in my head, I press the "like" button because I want similar songs suggested. Instead I get songs from artists that are in the same genre, which is not the same thing. 

If Spotify can manage to create an algorithm which finds similar songs and index them, the like and dislike button would make so much more sense. For example; if you have a playlist dedicated to Crossfit, you'd want songs that have a fast and strong beat, so in other words: not ballads or other songs that doesn't work in a workout context.

For me, the whole point of using the radio is to find new music and artists. But when 99% of the songs are junk in my ears, then the radio is more of hassle than anything else.

Marked as solution

I tried out a feature or list called "Daily Mix 1", I think it's a list in the radio function.

Anyhu, as I started playing a song on the "Daily Mix 1" list, I noticed a heart and a forbidden icon. If I press the Heart icon, I get the message "Great, saved to Your library. Add it to a playlist too?", however if I press the forbidden icon, I get "Song removed. REMOVE ALL SONGS BY <BAND>" which is very neat and pretty much the feature I was looking for by creating this topic. I'm going to test some more to see if the feature works I think it does. By the way your custom radio list, which you previously made will not have the heart and delete (lets call it delete) icon, only the daily mix lists does.

I'm using Spotify version 6.5.0 (updated 21 september) on iOS 10

AMazing!

Finally can remove the bands that are terrible from my memory, or start trying.

I'm paying the subscription and I notice also that no matter how many times thumbs down a song keeps appearing. That forbidden icon is less usual than the thumbs.

Is this some kind of promotion to the artist or the song? There are some albums and artist that keep appearing even I think I have done thumbs down several times to all his songs. I think that if Spotify doesn't get the message it must have some kind of hidden agenda or simply the thumbs are some kind of inefficient placebo to the pain of hearing that song again.

Suggested posts