Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dislike button has no effect on radio playlist

Solved!

Dislike button has no effect on radio playlist

I'm noticing that songs that I've marked as disliked, keeps popping up again after a while. Shouldn't those songs that are marked as disliked, be avoided for all future in any or all radio playlists?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I tried out a feature or list called "Daily Mix 1", I think it's a list in the radio function.

Anyhu, as I started playing a song on the "Daily Mix 1" list, I noticed a heart and a forbidden icon. If I press the Heart icon, I get the message "Great, saved to Your library. Add it to a playlist too?", however if I press the forbidden icon, I get "Song removed. REMOVE ALL SONGS BY <BAND>" which is very neat and pretty much the feature I was looking for by creating this topic. I'm going to test some more to see if the feature works I think it does. By the way your custom radio list, which you previously made will not have the heart and delete (lets call it delete) icon, only the daily mix lists does.

I'm using Spotify version 6.5.0 (updated 21 september) on iOS 10

View solution in original post

43 Replies

Hi Idyll - Those dislikes will be tailored for that specific radio station. Is the same artist appearing after a 'thumbs down' in the same station?

Same songs, same artist after a thumbs down in the same station.

After you've done the thumbs down for a few of those the artist shouldn't keep reappearing. What's the artist and how many times have you done it?

Have you tried restarting the app lately?

I have only selected 'thumbs down' for the songs, not the artist. Didn't know it was possible, there are some artists I really dislike 😛

Yes, I have restarted the application, but the songs does pop up now and then. 

Idyll - Could you confirm which app version you have installed? Might be worth a quick clean reinstallation

Version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

Shorter versjon numbers please 😛

@Idyll wrote:

Version 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

Shorter versjon numbers please 😛

You can right click on the number to copy it to your clipboard 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Aha:

0.9.1.57.ge7405149

I'm having the same issue, can't stand Kayna West, I dislike every song of his, and both new and same (disliked) songs keep coming up.

Can I dislike an entire artist? That guy sucks

@Lifetraveler wrote:

I'm having the same issue, can't stand Kayna West, I dislike every song of his, and both new and same (disliked) songs keep coming up.

Can I dislike an entire artist? That guy sucks

Unfortunately not, the thumbs are the best we have on radio at the minute!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No worries on the artist thing yet, how about why disliked songs keep coming up?

If it helps: work PC, spotify is also on home Mac and iPhone too.

I have noticed the same thing. I am using version 0.9.4.169.gc0399df6 (though I just got a notice to upgrade to 0.9.4.178.g259772ba, I haven't tested it on that version yet).

I am listening to "Green Day Radio". It plays a lot of artists that I like, like Smash Mouth and All American Rejects, but then it plays some hardcore screamo stuff. I'm just like... what? So I dislike it and move on, but I've noticed I've that I'll hear that same song again (can't remember the song, but it was Rise Against the Machine). I've probably disliked this same song three times.

I also noticed that sometimes when I like a song, it plays the EXACT same song next (I think this only happens when it's the first song that plays after start-up). I mean... I liked it, but not THAT much.

I'm on the PC version of Spotify.

Looks like this is still an issue with the new version. I've disliked "Personal Jesus" by Marilyn Manson twice today (listening to Green Day Radio). I know I have disliked this song in the past, as well.

same issue. I dislike the same songs EVERY day. guess it is back to pandora for me.

LOL!!!! Just hit the dislike button for the same exact song 3 times in the last 10 minutes... Epic spotify fail.

Same here, both on the app on my Mac and my iPhone.  Honestly, it's like Spotify has taken all the songs and music that I've thumbed down and has decided that is what should be played on my stations.  Gave up and created a new account.  Happens again with this one and I'll just go back to Pandora, running out of reasons to stick with Spotify.

Pandora is probably the better choice at the moment if all you want is radio. Spotify wins hands down for everything else and no doubt they'll do something about radio in the future.

Spotifies lack of support (this has been an issue for over a year) is the reason I went back to Pandora. I only use spotify if I want to listen to a single song. However during the day I like to listen to the radio so I have a variety but with Spotify I was spending more time disliking the same songs over and over than actually getting work done.

Who knows maybe one day Spotify will listen to the community and fix this and at that time I might return. However, with the way things have been going, I doubt it will ever be fixed.

I have the same problem, the song 'Intergalactic - Edited' by Beatsie boys keeps coming up. I have disliked it at least 4 times on my normal playlist radio station.

Also just started a new playlist station from 'Liked from the radio' and the first song coming up was the one mentioned. Since this is a new playlist I disliked the song. The song then stopped and started loading a new song while 'Improving station' after which the same song came up again. 

This is a problem on both my android HTC Desire and my computer.

I had only had this problem with 2 songs, the latter and 'The salmon dance' by the Chemical brothers, if that's of any help

Suggested posts