Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify support the ability to have 3rd party UIs and are there any out there?

Does Spotify support the ability to have 3rd party UIs and are there any out there?

Does the Spotify API support any ability to log in from a third party app and search/play music. I recently moved from Google Music, but am now actively looking to switch away from Spotify because of its terrible UI.

I understand this is purely subjective, but as it is, Spotify surfaces 0 of the things I want from a music managing app, so I'm wondering if there are any apps that are just better managed shells for Spotify?

3 Replies

Hey @Kolichikov,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The best place to look for answers regarding the usability of the Spotify API would be the developer page.

Hope this info helps 🙂 Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I guess I worded that poorly - my emphasis should have been on whether 3rd party solutions already existed. This would be preferable to me writing one from scratch.

Hi @Kolichikov

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We don't officially offer a third party app to do this, but you can check the developer page @Alex sent previously for more info about this topic. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts