NEXT STEP

HORRIBLE new UI re selecting tracks and layout - Apr 2021

HORRIBLE new UI re selecting tracks and layout - Apr 2021

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The new desktop UI experience is very degraded. 

I often multi-select tracks to copy or move to another playlist. In prior version, the tracks stayed selected so I could do more actions on the same tracks. Now, after copying to another playlist, the selection goes away, forcing me to reselect. 
This makes a common operation of selecting non-adjacent tracks USELESS.

Another complaint is that everything is moving to being sized for touch with huge spaces between tracks. Why are you assuming that everyone uses tablets?? Where you could easily see 20 tracks on a single screen before, now it's limited to about 10. 

7 Replies

As a positive, thanks for adding numbers to playlists 🙂

Hey @TRUTLEDGE801

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the updated version of the app. We've gone ahead an forwarded your info with the relevant team here.

We're looking to improve this version of the app and every bit of feedback helps us on the way.

You can keep an eye on this Blog for all the coming updates and improvements based on user replies.

Hope you find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

In the desktop version, I keep a playlist of current listening. In the prior versions, when I wanted to remove a group of songs from it, I would select a track, then SHIFT-DOWN ARROW to multi-select. When I do this now, it does not function properly. My only possible method of multi-selection is now to CTL and click on each track, which is time consuming. Please give us this feature back.

Hey @mannes2111

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over the exact Spotify version you're currently running? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Clean install does nothing here. You changed the UX.

About box shows 1.1.59.712.g54f36e5d-a

Hi @TRUTLEDGE801

Thanks for your message. 

We'd recommend adding your feedback to the previously mentioned thread, as it's being constantly monitored by the right folks. 

We really appreciate your comments as we’re always looking for new ways to improve our users' experience, and we'll continue to innovate the product experience. 

If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to let us know. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Yep. Totally agree the deselecting of tracks is super annoying. 

There is also a problem when moving a group of songs around the same playlist, it often moves songs around (eg moving an albums worth of tracks to another part of the playlist would result in track 10 now being ahead of track 1). Spotify has always been buggy when moving tracks within a playlist but this error seems to be much worse and more frequent than any in the past.

Then today I went to my playlist that is serves as my daily playlist (its 100s of songs worth of stuff I am working my way through over time), and there are random songs moved all throughout - there is no rhyme or reason: 2nd last track from an album moved 100s of places up the list, a final track from another album completely separated from the rest of the album etc. And before you ask, I can assure you this has happened without me doing anything dopey.

I admit I actually don't mind the new look (track numbers in playlists is a fave but artists names losing prominence not such a good idea) and I'm sure for those who are less about their own playlists would not be having as much of an issue, but remember there are a lot of us who have retained the same anally-retentive organising of their catalogue as if it were their vinyl collection. So please don't drop those organisational features just to make your site look less cluttered.

Looking forward to the fixes.

Suggested posts