Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does anyone get "The Spotify application is not responding" error message after relaunching it the s

Does anyone get "The Spotify application is not responding" error message after relaunching it the s

Every time I close Spotify, and wanting to re-open it again I keep getting this message. The only solution for me to re-use the program again, it is to reboot my computer. And it's not like I can just uninstall the program and try to install a new version of spotify without seeing this message while attempting to uninstall the program.

I'm currently running spotify in win7 (Windows 7)

I need help, I don't know what to do in this situation.

-

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Windows Computer?

Operating System

Windows 7

3 Replies

I have noticed sadly these new builds really hog a lot of RAM/ CPU, check u have enough memory to run Spotify? Also what I do now (desktop) is I run task manager before I launch app and close as many unneeded processes as possible? It helps the app open quicker!

Hey @deivance, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

That's not cool! Please try to disable Hardware Acceleration. You can find it in the Menu Bar inside the View tab. To access the Menu bar simply click on the 3 dots for Spotify from the Windows Store or hold the ALT key on your keyboard until the Menu shows up for the EXE version.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Yeah they have quite an issue with "zombie process" at the moment. App isn't closing properly, or crashing. Leaving an unkillable process running, only way of stopping it is to restart computer or use webplayer.

Maybe they will acknowledge this issue soon?

If you want to uninstall it but can't, to get around it, make sure spotify can't run at startup. press windows type msconfig. Go to startup and spoitify, restart, uninstall.

Suggested posts