Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does spotify remember your "song play position" for each artist?

Solved!

Does spotify remember your "song play position" for each artist?

Plan

Premium

Country

uk

Device

pc

Operating System

w10

My Question or Issue

say I go to an artist page, and click on the main play button at the top, and listen to some tracks.  then, i either quit the spotify program, or browse to another artist, and listen to more music.  then i go back to the first artist page again.  does spotify remember which track i was listening to?

i would really like this functionality.

so, say i do this:

go to artist 1, and listen to 10 tracks, then go to artist 2, and listen to 5 tracks.  after this, i return to artist 1.  what i want to do is click play, and it plays from where i left off, which is somewhere in track 10.  it doesn't matter too much whereabouts inside track 10, just anywhere will do.

what i don't want is for spotify to not be able to remember that i was at track 10 on artist 1, and simply start playing from track 1 all over again, for that particular artist.  i'm not sure if spotify remembers this info, or not.

please note that i am interested in spotify being able to do this for ALL searched/browsed/played artists, and not just the very current one.  i see that spotify is able to do this, for just the most recent artist, but i think that's all it does.

any ideas would be appreciated, thanks a lot!! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi onlinemusic123.

According with my own experience Spotify only remembers the current playing context. According with it, tracks are queued and played accordingly.

When you start playing a different Artist, Album or Playlist , a new playing context is established, replacing the previous one. e.g. if one returns to the previous Album, Artist or Playlist page you have no playing position defined. If you hit Play it will just restart with a new playing queue.

I agree it would be a nice feature to support browsing through various Artists (or even Albums or Playlists) and resume playing at where you left off on each of them.

Someone actually submitted a similar idea in the past: [Desktop] Resume Scroll Position after pressing Back Page Arrow

However this idea is closed.

There a related one which is is still Live. It was marked as "Not Right Now" >> [All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

I suggest you vote for this one and add a comment to it. 😉

-- PF

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi onlinemusic123.

According with my own experience Spotify only remembers the current playing context. According with it, tracks are queued and played accordingly.

When you start playing a different Artist, Album or Playlist , a new playing context is established, replacing the previous one. e.g. if one returns to the previous Album, Artist or Playlist page you have no playing position defined. If you hit Play it will just restart with a new playing queue.

I agree it would be a nice feature to support browsing through various Artists (or even Albums or Playlists) and resume playing at where you left off on each of them.

Someone actually submitted a similar idea in the past: [Desktop] Resume Scroll Position after pressing Back Page Arrow

However this idea is closed.

There a related one which is is still Live. It was marked as "Not Right Now" >> [All Platforms] Remember Position in Playlist / Album

I suggest you vote for this one and add a comment to it. 😉

-- PF

Suggested posts