Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Download button not showing on some playlists

Download button not showing on some playlists

Im a premium user and Im trying to download a playlist but the download switch doesn't appear for all playlists.

I noticed that playlists I search for dont have the download switch but playlists showing in the left bar bellow my library do have the switch, why is that? I really wanna download some playlists but I cant!!

For exemple: I started listening to the "this is foo fighters" playlist, I wanted to download it but i couldnt, after some days of listening to it, it appeard in the "playlist" section and only then I was able to download it when on my iphone I downloaded it right away.

7 Replies

Hey, welcome to the community and thanks for posting your question! This is a bit of a difference in design between the desktop and mobile apps at the moment.

What happens on mobile is that if you tap the download switch, it automatically saves that playlist to your library for you and downloads it as well. Saving a playlist is what causes it to show up in the left sidebar like you mentioned. So, on desktop, if it's not allowing you to download a playlist, you just need to tap the heart icon at the top of the playlist first, and then you should be able to download it without any issue. Hope that clears things up a bit for you!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The playlists are already on my library

Sorry, I'm a bit confused now, as I was under the impression from your initial post that this was only happening on playlists you search for and that playlists you have already followed and appear in the sidebar work correctly. Could you please clarify the exact steps you go through when you want to download a playlist on the desktop?

dinomightSpotify Star

Sorry for being vague. I want to download some playlists, the switch doesn’t appear unless they show on the “library” section on the left. I’ve already clicked on the heart icon but nothing of the switch. 😕

Okay, that's definitely odd. I just tried searching for a playlist, and as soon as I clicked the heart icon, the download toggle appeared, and the playlist also was saved to the playlists section of the sidebar.

What version of Spotify are you running? You can find this in the three dot menu at the top left, by going to Help>About Spotify. Also, if you could let me know what version of Windows you are running, it would be appreciated.

Finally, could you please try a clean reinstall of Spotify and see if that resolves the issue for you?

dinomightSpotify Star

i want to download my playlist from spotify to my pc....how?

Hey there!

Everything related to Offline Listening can be found right here 🙂

When you’re online, go to the playlist you want to download:

1. Switch Download on.Toggle on iconA green arrow means the download was successful.Downloaded icon
  2. For Windows: Click File in the Windows menu at the top of the screen.
  3. Select Offline Mode.

Let us know if any questions arise!
Thanks.

@FritosDoritos

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts