Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Error 17 after re-installing

Error 17 after re-installing

Hello, so I've been trying to listen to my favorite podcast on Windows 11 using the Spotify app. However, now it doesn't play the podcast anymore. The app worked fine when listening to songs, only with podcasts it doesn't play the episodes anymore. So I decided to reinstall the app. Now, after the installer is seemingly done, I get an error 17 on startup. I don't understand what is going on. Spotify works nicely on my android phone, but on my PC, the app has completely stopped working now.
2 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd suggest you make sure all the drivers on your computer are up-to-date. You can follow this Windows guide to do it. Once you've done that, check on the desktop app if you notice this is still happening.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest you reinstall the app on your computer to see if you notice any difference. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can find out the steps to do it here.

Lastly, if this behavior persists, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running on your computer? Are you able to use the web player without issues?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey there!

Looks like Error 17 is typically an installation error and can be resolved fairly easily. What is happening is the Spotify files left over from your previous installation are now conflicting with your new installation and are causing this error to occur.

Please try uninstalling Spotify by following these steps.

Suggested posts