I am getting error code 13:
The installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created.
This happened after an automatic update today which failed mid-way through installation. It got as far as un-installing the program (but not the shortcuts or local data), but didn't install the updated program.
I have tried all the suggestions in the existing threads on the topic:
1) Run installer as admininstrator
2) Run in compatibility mode as well
3) Full installer, again 1) and 2)
4) Deleting local files (users, app data etc.) then 3) again.
5) Finding the update in the local files and trying that, 1) and 2) again.
None of which works. Really frustrating. Hope someone can help.